Vermeer 504 L gearbox

dixiedog

New User
I have a Vermeer 504L round baler and the gears in the gearbox went out. The box looks okay along with the bearings. I am looking for another gearbox or replacement gears. The dealer wants $3200 for a whole new box. Does anyone know where I can get parts or a good used box.
thanks

Look at Surplus Center they have some mostly for augers and lower HP power jobs. Agri Supply also. Gears should be available through Vermeer aren't they?

I have a Vermeer 504L round baler and the gears in the gearbox went out. The box looks okay along with the bearings. I am looking for another gearbox or replacement gears. The dealer wants $3200 for a whole new box. Does anyone know where I can get parts or a good used box.
thanks
Don’t know where you are located but here’s a lead
IMG_1386.png

Since this is an older baler they don't sell just the gears and they want $3200 for a new box which is more than I want to spend. I tried Kaddatz but they only have an 504F and don't know if they are interchangable. Do you know of anymore baler salvage places or what other balers that have this gearbox. It is a superior gearbox and they don't sell parts because of vermeer proprietary rules. Thanks for the replies

Attachments

• Vermeer 504L gearbox.jpg
    Vermeer 504L gearbox.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 9
I can't say how much access Vermeer gives online, but if you set up an account on their website it looks like you may be able to access parts books online. If that works you could compare boxes, gears, bearings, etc. in the different balers.

Thanks for the replies. I found Cooks Tractors in Missouri and they have a plethora of dismantled equipment and they are friendly with good customer service

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back