experience or knowledge on this? Thanks
in advance for any help!

(quoted from post at 09:55:38 12/29/22) Hi guys. I have a skyline loader on my
8N. Im looking to get new controls for
it, but I'm not sure what the gpm would be
for the pump? Does anyone have any
in advance for any help!

Pump flow is likely in the 10-12 GPM range, IIRC.

(quoted from post at 15:07:11 12/29/22)
(quoted from post at 09:55:38 12/29/22) Hi guys. I have a skyline loader on my
8N. Im looking to get new controls for
it, but I'm not sure what the gpm would be
for the pump? Does anyone have any
in advance for any help!

Pump flow is likely in the 10-12 GPM range, IIRC.

Depends on the model of the loader. Davis model 99 was a 9 GPM pump, model 101 was 16, and model 103 was 19.

If the goal is to replace the control valve this 21 GPM valve will work fine on any of them, is a major improvement over OEM, and is overkill on the model 99. For a model 99 loader the 11 GPM valve is a better match. It will also work acceptably with the larger pumps - you will just get a minor bit more heating of the oil.

Summit 21 GPM Joystick Loader Valve

Summit 11 GPM Joystick Loader Valve

TOH

(quoted from post at 16:28:21 12/29/22) Both the Vicker's vane pumps I have on my 801 and my 8N are right around 8gpm

I think he was talking about the loader pump.

In any event the vane pump used on Ford tractors was roughly 4 GPM. The specifications shown below are from the 800 Owners Manual

TOH

mvphoto100833.png

I;m talking about the crankshaft driver loader pump that are vickers and I have one on my 841S and my 8N both run loaders. Both are in the 8GPM size range.

Yeah I meant the front mounted loader pump. Im looking for new controls. Would you guys recommend the single joy stick style or the double lever?

Being a FORMER heavy equipment operator I have used both and I prefer the 2 handle type on a farm tractor with loader since you almost never work the bucket and lift at the same time

(quoted from post at 21:11:32 12/29/22) Ok. Thats what I'm used to anyway so I may stick with that. Thanks for the advice.

Virtually every tractor loader sold today comes standard with a joystick valve. It will take you less than 5 minutes to adapt and you wont ever want to go back.

Have you identified what pump you have on the loader?

TOH

This post was edited by TheOldHokie on 12/29/2022 at 05:56 pm.

OH....No, I still don't know exactly what pump I have. It's a front mounted, Vickers vane pump that has the numbers 2-27 and then what looks like 22261 on another part of it. At this point I'm thinking I'll go with an 11gpm control and hope for the best. Does that sound like a decent plan?

Most any valve body will work just fine. I've had to replace pumps and control many times over the years on many tractors. One with a float set up is nice to have one the lift side of the loader so you can set the bucket down on the ground and it floats on top of the ground as you drive

(quoted from post at 22:53:56 12/29/22) OH....No, I still don't know exactly what pump I have. It's a front mounted, Vickers vane pump that has the numbers 2-27 and then what looks like 22261 on another part of it. At this point I'm thinking I'll go with an 11gpm control and hope for the best. Does that sound like a decent plan?

Well its a plan ;-)

What bore and stroke are the lift cylinders on the loader? How ling does it take to raise the loader? What size ports in the old valve? Given that info we cab pretty much calculate the flow rate.

TOH

(quoted from post at 22:53:56 12/29/22) OH....No, I still don't know exactly what pump I have. It's a front mounted, Vickers vane pump that has the numbers 2-27 and then what looks like 22261 on another part of it. At this point I'm thinking I'll go with an 11gpm control and hope for the best. Does that sound like a decent plan?

Does this look like your loader and pump? Its an older and smaller version of the Davis loaders snd has a Vickers vane pump on it. If so an 11 GPM valve will be more than adequate.

https://youtu.be/Ess0Nt98WS8

TOH

(quoted from post at 19:55:33 12/29/22) Being a FORMER heavy equipment operator I have used both and I prefer the 2 handle type on a farm tractor with loader since you almost never work the bucket and lift at the same time

I ve got 4 loaders, 2 are joy stick, 1 is dual lever and 1 uses 2 of the tractor remote levers
For me joy. Stick is the only way to go
When moving hay or rock I m always rolling the tilt up or down as I m lowering the loader to pick up another load
None of mine have auto level so as I m raising the load I ll have to tilt down a little to keep from tilting the load back to far

This valve on my Farmtrac is my favorite, it s positioned so I can quickly move my hand back and forth between the steering wheel and the joy stick without having the hunt for either

mvphoto100849.jpg

Photo makes the handle look higher than it actually is

It s not exact science but what size suction and supply line does it have
Max flow for a 1/2" supply pipe is around 15 gpm
My brothers 3400 has a 15 gpm pump with 3/4" supply line and 1" suction
My 4500 has 25 gpm pump with 1" supply and 1 1/4" suction

(quoted from post at 10:12:27 12/30/22)
(quoted from post at 19:55:33 12/29/22) Being a FORMER heavy equipment operator I have used both and I prefer the 2 handle type on a farm tractor with loader since you almost never work the bucket and lift at the same time

When moving hay or rock I m always rolling the tilt up or down as I m lowering the loader to pick up another load
[b:503e974a99][u:503e974a99]None of mine have auto level so as I m raising the load I ll have to tilt down a little to keep from tilting the load back to far[/u:503e974a99]
[/b:503e974a99]

C'mon man!!! Only yuppie cheaters need a joystick and/or auto-level. Real men do it with a a handful of levers and all 5 fingers. :evil:

TOH

OldHokie.....Yes. I think that's my exact loader in the video. I ended up ordering an 11gpm joystick and have everything torn apart waiting for it. It should get here within a week or so. Thanks again everyone for the help!

(quoted from post at 19:16:31 12/30/22) OldHokie.....Yes. I think that's my exact loader in the video. I ended up ordering an 11gpm joystick and have everything torn apart waiting for it. It should get here within a week or so. Thanks again everyone for the help!

You are welcome and good luck on the upgrade.

IF you ordered from Summit and its not backordered more like a couple days to get to you.

TOH

(quoted from post at 19:16:31 12/30/22) OldHokie.....Yes. I think that's my exact loader in the video. I ended up ordering an 11gpm joystick and have everything torn apart waiting for it. It should get here within a week or so. Thanks again everyone for the help!

You are welcome and good luck on the upgrade.

IF you ordered from Summit and its not backordered more like a couple days to get to you.

TOH

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back