W-30 oil filter/lines....

banjoman09

I did find a used oil filter canister/new filter and ready to mount on engine. One line was gone- one was kinda there(lol)...looks maybe like 3/8 copper tubing? Can these two lines be "solid" or do they need a foot of "flex hose" on one end for vibration? I can make the lines once I get the size figured....thanks!

Originals would have been steel line. Brake lines make good replacements if you have the right fittings.

and you can get the brake lines that are an alloy that looks like copper on the outside , they bend easier and are easier to work with

(quoted from post at 07:37:47 08/27/17) ok...ill check. Thanks.

Copper will work just fine for the oil lines, many F series tractors have copper oil lines. Easy to solder your old fittings onto copper. Copper should not however be used for fuel lines as it may work harden and crack causing a fuel fire. Wouldn't be a problem if you get an oil leak on the low pressure (5 to 10 pounds) oil system of one of these engines. And if it leaks its on the opposite side from the manifold anyway.

My Grandfather put this copper line on my F30 oil filter at some point in the 40's and its still on there and working without issue.

3949834022_38d00f060b_z.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back