wanted 7740 motor/parts

jd70diesel

New User
Recenty got a 7740 with a bad motor. Wondering if anyone had any parts laying around. Or if I should just part the rest of it out.
 
what exactly does it need. what kind of shape is it in. it is a newer tractor but if you could find the parts for it its probably worth fixing. are you located near any salvage yards. you could just throw a good used motor in it.
 
What's wrong with this one? Why not just rebuild? A can just about guarnantee you a used motor will cost you as much as a decent rebuild too...

Rod
 
This motor is totally junk(block, cam, pistons, sleeves) I would like to find a used motor but cheapest one I found was 3k. So I thought I would see what I could find for parts. The rest of the tractor is not in the greatest shape either.
 
Can't the block be saved? Bored? Buy a cam? Pistons are not a big deal...
I doubt you're gonna get much for 3 grand. 4500 is closer what I was quoted for a 304T a while back when I made some enquiries...

Rod
 
whats wrong with the block. when i had my 6610 motor rebuilt 3 yrs ago it cost about 6g for it and i didnt have the injectors and injector pump rebiult. does it have a crack or something. if you couldnt find a cheap motor or somthing for it i might part it out. price on through nh. i bought one for my 7710 because mine had a crack block and it was totaly junk but i paid 6500 for it. not to bad for a completely redone motor.
 
Ventilated blocks can also be fixed by the right people. I don't know if it would be cheaper than simply buying a new block... but generally they can be fixed.
How many hours is on the rest of the tractor? Other problems? I really can't imagine parting a 7740 if it's otherwise good if all it needs is an engine.

Rod
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top