WANTED: Massey Ferguson MF 50 Loader Backhoe Parts Book

jfinkler

New User
Y/T Forum Folk--

Hi there, new forum member here, getting to know our new (to us) 1973 Massey Ferguson MF 50 Loader Backhoe, purchased from friends in good working order. Reviewing the tractor and the owner's manual details I see a few areas on it I'd like to go through up this winter. I was able to source a copy of the service manual but not the parts book for these, curious if anyone has a digital copy they could share or could point me towards a good source for the parts book? From what I can gather these two MF parts numbers might reference the original parts books:

819 627 M1
819 627 M2

Thanks in advance for any leads you can share.

--Josh

(quoted from post at 08:16:34 10/23/21) Y/T Forum Folk--

Hi there, new forum member here, getting to know our new (to us) 1973 Massey Ferguson MF 50 Loader Backhoe, purchased from friends in good working order. Reviewing the tractor and the owner's manual details I see a few areas on it I'd like to go through up this winter. I was able to source a copy of the service manual but not the parts book for these, curious if anyone has a digital copy they could share or could point me towards a good source for the parts book? From what I can gather these two MF parts numbers might reference the original parts books:

819 627 M1
819 627 M2

Thanks in advance for any leads you can share.

--Josh

The 819627 is the publication number and the M1 would be first edition, M2 second, etc.; as I understand it. I couldn't find that number on the AGCO site. You can go to AGCOpubs.com and there is a customer service phone number in the upper right of their home page. You could try calling them and see if they can help you. Have your serial number available in case they ask. If you have the hoe and loader models you might want those available as you might end up with three parts manuals now (tractor, Loader, and hoe).

I don't know if you have a 50B or 50C, but parts books for those models are available online. Search for Agco Parts Book. They also have various models of loaders and backhoes available.

aha, knowing that M1, M2, ... are the massey ferguson publication editions helps a lot, as i believe our MF 50 loader backhoe is a '73 which would, i think, make it one of the early MF 50 loader backhoes.

looks like agrimanuals.com has the M1 edition. they list it as for the "MF 50B" but the cover shows it as just an "MF 50" w/ the picture of the backhoe loader:

www.agrimanuals.com/massey-ferguson-tractor-digger-loader-mf50b-parts-manual-mf-50b-50-b-15658-p.asp

on the subject, anyone know of a good source to explain the differences between the 'MF50 loader backhoe' and later models like 'MF 50B', 'MF 50C', et cetera? been looking online for a few weeks but not seeing anything definitive.

(quoted from post at 08:54:59 10/25/21) aha, knowing that M1, M2, ... are the massey ferguson publication editions helps a lot, as i believe our MF 50 loader backhoe is a '73 which would, i think, make it one of the early MF 50 loader backhoes.

looks like agrimanuals.com has the M1 edition. they list it as for the "MF 50B" but the cover shows it as just an "MF 50" w/ the picture of the backhoe loader:

www.agrimanuals.com/massey-ferguson-tractor-digger-loader-mf50b-parts-manual-mf-50b-50-b-15658-p.asp

on the subject, anyone know of a good source to explain the differences between the 'MF50 loader backhoe' and later models like 'MF 50B', 'MF 50C', et cetera? been looking online for a few weeks but not seeing anything definitive.

Later editions will include revisions or info not available in the original manual. So just because you have an early tractor doesn't mean you need the first printing.

As I posted a phone call to AGCOpubs might give you more options.

Where in this wide world are you located, that can sometimes have a bearing on what is available.

I bet you can still get factory manuals through AGCO, as mentioned already. I got factory manuals for my MF35 Utility no problem.

Stay away from the reprinted versions from third party sellers, they're literally (poor) photocopies of original manuals. I had a set, returned them because the info I needed wasn't even legible. Got factory manuals and never looked back. Well worth the price.

(quoted from post at 09:30:55 10/25/21) I bet you can still get factory manuals through AGCO, as mentioned already. I got factory manuals for my MF35 Utility no problem.

Stay away from the reprinted versions from third party sellers, they're literally (poor) photocopies of original manuals. I had a set, returned them because the info I needed wasn't even legible. Got factory manuals and never looked back. Well worth the price.

One does need to be aware that at least some of the older manuals from manufacturers now, are made from scans of old manuals. I ordered an operator's manual for a tractor from AGCOpubs to get the wiring diagram and the diagram was not legible for use. I emailed them with my case and the fellow responding pulled the file and sent me a pdf of the diagram, that was useable. He explained for the older units they often have to scan old manuals from the archives. He offered to refund my money if I felt the manual had no value. I didn't take the refund as he supplied a good pdf and I will get some use from the manual. I doubt most aftermarket re-printers would/could do such (There are a few of the vendors making reprints that do a good job and in some cases produce clearer manuals than the OEM.).

(quoted from post at 11:05:09 10/25/21)
One does need to be aware that at least some of the older manuals from manufacturers now, are made from scans of old manuals. I ordered an operator's manual for a tractor from AGCOpubs to get the wiring diagram and the diagram was not legible for use. I emailed them with my case and the fellow responding pulled the file and sent me a pdf of the diagram, that was useable. He explained for the older units they often have to scan old manuals from the archives. He offered to refund my money if I felt the manual had no value. I didn't take the refund as he supplied a good pdf and I will get some use from the manual. I doubt most aftermarket re-printers would/could do such (There are a few of the vendors making reprints that do a good job and in some cases produce clearer manuals than the OEM.).

Understood, good point! I hadn't really considered that as my experience was the opposite. However, I can definitely see how proper scanning of these old manuals or updates from the archives can cause these issues.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back