wanting to restore old tractor?

I have a Ford i believe a 50's model tractor maybe 8n or 9n, not sure. Am looking to find a place that would be able to preform everything needed to fully restore tractor to antique show quality. TRactor is in very restorable shape and runs great. Please let me know of such a place? hopefully near texas.
 
Do a search here and on google for tractor clubs. You can begin by searching the Ford discussion board. Talk to some of the guys who have had restoration work done. It probably won't be cheap. Have you thought of doing some of the work yourself? Many things on these old tractors are fairly easy to work on with a manual and the good advise of the old heads here. Painting might be the hardest thing to do right because of the equipment and space needed. Take your time and get more advice on who to use and what you can do yourself. Good luck!
 
Have you thought about contacting the local FFA Chapter? They have a tractor restoration contest. You might get an excellent restore for the price of parts.
 
If your tractor was built in the early 1950's, it would be an 8N. Do you visit any of your local tractor shows? May I recommend that you ask some of the owners of tractors there who did their work? You would be looking at the quality of their work.
 
Hey fella, there is a place in Indiana, I believe, that performs such a service. It is called external_link. They do several models of Fords from the 9N to the hundred series. There are option levels that you can choose from with a base resto coming in around 7 grand. I have around 7 grand in my MF65 resto, so the price is not too far out. A top line show quality still comes in under 10 large. I have seen several samples of their work, mostly in magazines, Ford history books, and my Complete Book of Massey Ferguson. Yup, they slipped one in there too! Guaranteed show winner for those that do not like to bleed. Kinda wishing I had went that route!

Aaron
N Complete
 
We know a fellow in e. Tx, Mt. Pleasant area, that does restoration and repair. He does very good work. Don"t know if he can do your tractor. I know he"s real backed up. If you"re interested, email me and I email back with his name and phone number.
 
Tyler
Too bad that you are too far from me. I do Repair and Restoration work as a Business out of Ontario Canada. I do top quality work, and very fussy, and very maticulas with my work. I learned long time ago from my Father, whom had his own Plumbing, and Heating Business, that if you are not happy with the job that you are doing, your customer won't be. Sorry, I wish I could help you. Bruce Hopf Farm Equipment Repair & Restoration. All Makes & Modles
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top