War Time Ms and Hs (Would like some details on these...))

mike1972chev

I just recently have become curious about the "War Time" Ms and Hs . I know these were quite a bit different than the other Hs and Ms,but I would like some more details. (As well as any other Farmall built during this time.)

I will just list what I DO know,or what I THINK I know and you all can grade and please correct me on what is and what ain't . ;)

#1 This started in 1942

#2 These came on steel wheels only.

#3 Steel shift knob, No other rubber parts used either????

#4 Probably came without an electrical system.(No starter Hand crank only?

#5 To add to above,no generators,headlights, or distributor(H4 magneto was used???)

#6 Cheaper red paint used,bad pigments??? These turned PINK over time out in the UV rays and the weather???

#7 You had to get on a waiting list/ "lottery" to even get one due to rationing at the time???

# Were these all like distilate tractors? Were there gas diesel ones even being sold during this time????

OK,I am SURE my "half knowledge" of this subject matter should get many a good answer here :) I would just like to get some REAL details about this era of Farmalls. I always just hear bits and pieces about these certain machines.

Feel free to educate me and set me straight on the matter.. ;)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back