Warm January

rusty6

I guess calling the high 20s warm might sound strange to those in warmer climates but its a good 20 or more degrees above what we normally get here in January. I took advantage of it to put the JD 2140 to work blowing some snow and also clearing some up with the front end loader. The three point hitch seemed to work better today after adjusting the rockshaft selector lever down a notch to the min' setting. The lever still creeped up if I didn't hold it down but at least it quit doing the random cycling it had been doing last time I used it. Cattle enjoyed the weather too.
cvphoto144622.jpg

2140 hitch

(quoted from post at 22:37:42 01/09/23) I guess calling the high 20s warm might sound strange to those in warmer climates but its a good 20 or more degrees above what we normally get here in January. I took advantage of it to put the JD 2140 to work blowing some snow and also clearing some up with the front end loader. The three point hitch seemed to work better today after adjusting the rockshaft selector lever down a notch to the min' setting. The lever still creeped up if I didn't hold it down but at least it quit doing the random cycling it had been doing last time I used it. Cattle enjoyed

There is enough January , February , March and April left for heavy winter weather to yet occur .

We have been pretty mild here in central Iowa also. Buick and deere, plenty of time for plenty of winter, yes. But every warm day is a day it is not below zero and the sun is creeping, or should I say, the earth is leaning into the sun now. gobble

After many trips around the sun one thing I've noticed is...spring in winter begets winter in spring. The other shoe will drop.

Now that is a beautiful picture. Seeing calves laying on clean and dry straw comfortably is awesome! Calves look great by the way. Kow Farmer

(quoted from post at 11:08:59 01/10/23) Now that is a beautiful picture. Seeing calves laying on clean and dry straw comfortably is awesome! Calves look great by the way. Kow Farmer
Thanks, they are doing good. Hope to get some video of them tearing around kicking up their heels one of these days.

(quoted from post at 09:34:58 01/10/23) After many trips around the sun one thing I've noticed is...spring in winter begets winter in spring. The other shoe will drop.
I'm not betting on it but I've heard people with that attitude. If we have it good now "we will pay for it later". Well maybe, but for now I'll just accept it as one more good day in January that could easily have been -30F but wasn't.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back