water heater

I recently acquired a in line water heater and was wondering if it would help my skid steer start.I plan on working on the glow plugs later when I do more research on it to find replacement parts for a toyota sdk7 even the wiring may need work to activate them more than I have time for at this point. plan on using it for the next couple of weeks then tear it down for repairs and still leave the heater in the lower radiator hose.
 
I burnt up two starters in my small cold blooded tractor before I got smart, Installed an inline water heater I plug it in for about 15 min before starting and haven't bought a new starter since.
 
thanks guys that is what I needed I'll probably have to leave it plugged in an hour before starting because it is a diesel if someone has a suggestion as to how long is too long on this type of heater by all means let me know.
 
if your using a tank type heater, the ones i have are thermostat controled pluger up the night before ya need it. i cant answer ya on those freeze plug typed never had one
 
I have an inline coolant heater on my super 55 diesel. I will plug it in before bed and when I wake up im ready. If its pretty cold, it may take more than an hour to warm it up.
 
the one I have goes in the lower radiator hose I wanted to get one in a freeze plug type but couldn't find a plug on this engine easy to get to
 
Roy in Georgia
I use a external engine heater in all of my tractors. the range from 850 watts to 2000 wats. I have them hooked up to 24 hour timers that you can progran by pushing in pins. I have mine set to turn on every 2 hours for 1 1/2 hours. the tractors are nice and warm as if starting on a summer day. Also you are not using much hydro this way as you would haveing them pluged in around the clock. No problems starting in -8 degree weather either. Also they have a replacement element you can replace when they burn out. Juct pinch off the 5/8 inlet line in with a pair of vise grips, and do the same with the heater outlet line. After this heater is installed, you won't ever have to drain the rad again. These work real nice
 
Will work just fine in your part of the country.
Just plug it in an hour or two before you want to use it.
If it is going to be a realy cold night in your part of the country plug it in the night before.
After you use it a bit you will find out what works for you.
Ken
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top