way OT: Hey Andy M

Lanse

Well-known Member
Do you still have your 3 horse engine? I am wondering, on the bottom, how far apart are the holes for the bolts you use to mount it on the machine? If they are what I'm lookin for, will you ship the thing?

Also, since you not only have tractors, but small engine(s), do you have any for parts? if so, do you have a spare pull starter assembly, not the accuel pull-rope-gets-bolted-to-the-shroud-thing but the part that contains that rachet contraption that is on the engine itself off a seven or so HP engine for a Briggs??
 
Lanse, I still have my 3 hp engine. I'll have to measure the holes. Don't have very many old briggs engines, mostly newer ones.
 
Lanse if your starter ratchet is making noise you are supposed to remove it and clean the top of the crankshaft that it screws onto. a few drops of light oil in the hole on the top will also help. Now if yours is missing then of course this is no help at all. There was a discussion on the starter ratchet oiling on the Garden Tractors board a few months ago. Also I think the starter ratchet was the same for all the smaller models you may want to check the part numbers at the briggs website. The local dump is always a good source, plus you seem to be able to locate the free stuff pretty well.
 
Andy; Would you happen to have a BS model 19 in running condition or a good crank shaft for one? Email is open. Thanks, Bob
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top