Way Way OT Antique Drawer Pulls

gmccool

I'm trying to match up some Antique Drawer Pulls (handles) on a old bedroom dresser that I have. They are stamped steel. Does anyone have or know if there is a book or something or a way to even know what or where to even look for some old pulls. This is on a bedroom set that I slept in as a kid & it was old when I was young. I'm 67 now. There are a couple of them broken & I could replace all of them to a different style but I would rather just find mates to the broken ones. Thanks Gerald

I have had scary good success getting matching hardware from Olde Good Things in Scranton. They matched 2 steel spring catches with porcelain knobs for a 1900s built-in pantry. I suggest an email with a picture.

Need pictures,I have some that were salvaged from tear down houses,and farm sale boxes.

Also needed 1 hinge. Got an exact match.
cvphoto88614.jpg

As many different makes of hardware there is, it's usually easier to replace all of the pulls. You can get reproduction hardware from places like Van Dyke Restorers. www.vandykes.com Often the hardware comes looking brand new brass. Some of it is coated with brass lacquer which you can strip with lacquer thinner and if you want it to look old they have a brass darkening solution which will age the patina.

If you can post a picture I have a box of old hardware left over from when I had an antique repair shop. Maybe I have some that match.

This one is pretty close. https://www.houseofantiquehardware.com/ornate-hinges-butt-steeple-tip-vine-iron?utm_source=froog&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=gdf&partner=froog&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr4KS-dPQ8AIVD_3jBx214wYMEAQYBCABEgLiyPD_BwE

I am going to guess that almost everybody on here probably has a box or drawer full of old handles, hinges and hardware that's just too good to throw out.
I know I do.

If you show us what yours look like somebody's junk door just might have a surprise for you.

WOW Thanks for all the replies. I need to figure out this picture posting thing. I know without it it is like shooting in the dark.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back