WD-9 engine to a super WD-9 specs?

primerk5

I have a Late WD-9 with live hydraulics that I'm working on. It has been decaled as a super and I don't know anything about it's previous life other then it came from Canada I believe above North Dakota.

Did IH make sleeve and pistons kits or is it possible to change a regular WD-9 engine to a super WD-9 specs/power like you can an H or M to a super?

I have it running good on Gas currently but I have to pull the hood and bleed out the diesel side. I think I might have compression valves sticking as well. So I have some investigation yet to figure out what is going on.

I'm very curious if it's possible the engine has actually been upgraded to a super or not. I can't see the number behind the injection pump to verify if the entire engine has been swapped or not. It's definitely had a repaint at some point since it has had metal added to the fender to give it a wheatland look. I have to also wonder if it has just had the decals upgraded.

Piston and sleeve sets were sold that would increase a D-335 bore from 4.4 to 4.5 diameter to make it 350 cubic inch. But a D-350 block could be changed to 4-5/8 bore with a increased bore P&S set. Thinner sleeves were used to increase the bore of both engines. Can't find or read the engine serial number and prefix?

(quoted from post at 19:41:25 08/03/23) post your serial number , that will tell me what u got.

(quoted from post at 19:46:44 08/03/23) Can't find or read the engine serial number and prefix?

I've been doing as much research as possible on my own and I haven't seen anything about an engine Serial Number yet. The only thing I have seen is the block part number being behind the injection pump and I can't read that due to the grime on it which I have attempted to clean off yet. Where would I look for any identification numbers other then the tractor number plate?

I was hoping there would be a cubic inch number on the block similar to that of a 300 but I don't see that anywhere either.

Thanks

The casting code on the engine block would tell us what year it was and therefore the original displacement. Look for the xx-xx-x
raised number/letter on the side of the block.

Serial number for engine is stamped in a flat spot below head on left side. 335 engines will have prefix with letters before the serial number. SWD9 and up blocks have D-350 stamped in. Replacement block may not have a serial number.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back