WD45 second step.

Hi Bill. You are 100% bang on. The parts tractor is a 1950 WD and the better tractor is a 1953 WD45. Thank you for making me go out and find the parts tractor serial number to confirm that. I was beginning to wonder what was going on. Hopefully a lot of the parts are the same.

(quoted from post at 02:05:24 01/17/23) The WD45 with battery ignition had the key switch underneath. I was told that was so water wouldn't get in it.

I guess that makes sense. But it's just an awkward position to reach from the seat.

There are significant differences in WDs (especially the older ones such as your 1950) and WD45s. To name a few: Engines-201 cu in on WD, bore & stroke 4X4; 226 cid on 45 B&S 4X4.5; Transmissions- straight cut gears on older WDs, helical cut on 45s; Hand clutch-Beefed up on 45s; Fenders. higher on 45s; Air cleaner-larger on 45s; etc,
These tractors, by now, may have had some mods. Gleaner combine engines, for example, which are more powereful, can be bolted in quite easily. Over on the Allis forum you'll find some guys who are world class experts on Allis Chamers tractors. Dr Allis comes to mind but there are many others.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back