a neighbor chase some cattle. They were not experienced
herders and had them spooked bad. We did manage to get
two of the three loaded. They were really spooked tho. Then I
picked up some more calves for me. Two steers and two
heifers. Nice calves.

cvphoto59849.jpg

Today I worked on combining some more. We've had over 4"
of rain since the last time and that has been enough to make
it about normal for harvest around here.

cvphoto59850.jpg

cvphoto59851.jpg

cvphoto59852.jpg

The good news is the corn is yielding good and is drying down nice. Can't make a round on a hopper. Real pleased by that.

cvphoto59853.jpg

cvphoto59854.jpg

Did have some troubles with the combine. Last week the drive belt from the engine to the variable speed blew, so that didn't show til yesterday. And then the belt on the hydraulic blew and that shredded the governor belt. But even with all that and the mud, I did get another batch done in the dryer.

cvphoto59855.jpg

The dc just seems to like that job. I took a short video of the dryer running.

Hopefully I'll get another batch done after work this week so I can have a semi load hauled out.

I almost forgot, I did modify the barn door so the skid loader fits in from both ends now. I'll do a side door too later. That way I will be able to clean each pen individually without moving gates.

cvphoto59856.jpg

The doors had been narrowed with a 2x6 on each side, so I just removed them and made a larger door. Wasn't a bad job at all.
Drying corn

Jon feel free to send a little of that rain down here to south east SD, we haven't had any moisture here since early august and I could really use some to get my winter wheat going.

Thanks for the pics and video. We live to far NORTH to ever see Corn being harvested....

Bob...Southern Terminus of the Alcan / Alaska Highway....
Dawson Creek Canada.......

Excellent job!! "The proof is in the pudding". In this case the proof is in the bin!! Excellent job, kernels whole, not ground, no trash. No combine built today could do a better job.

I do get a few cobs in the bin, think I'll close down the sieves a smidge. This one has the small grain sieves tho so it's hard to get them open enough to let all the corn through and keep all the cob out. It's a pretty fine line. It's not enough to bother, but I like none. Lol

Jon: A good job of cleaning starts @ the cylinder. Run cyl as slow as possible, and the concaves as open as far as possible. The goal is to roll whole cobs out the back of the combine. Having said that, worn rasp bars will cause grinding and crushing, as well as a worn out concave.

Yeah, getting whole cobs out back pretty good. Only get a few broken ones and only a few in the tank. The cylinder is about as slow as it goes, thinking 400rpms. Forgot to change it on the first hopper and had a lot of grinding, think it was about 1200rpms. I'll close the upper and lower sieves just a bit. But these sieves are flat across the ends so it's a very narrow window and corn goes over the back and plugs the return elevator.

Remember I have a long tooth sieve for you when you get out here and bring my FC and grinder,, also you can pickup the rice tires then,

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back