jon f mn
Well-known Member
Went to an auction on Saturday morning and tried to buy some stuff, but everything I wanted was too high so I went home early. Of course shortly after I left a cultivator I was interested in sold cheap. Lol. I suppose if I had stayed it would have just sold higher. Oh well, I'll just have to make a trip east for one offered to me from behind the cheddar curtain. Maybe this summer for that trip.
Anyway, since I got home early Saturday I decided to try and haul some manure that has been piling up. I had to service the dc which included a oil change for both engine and hydraulic. Then got the 400 hooked to the spreader. Then on the first load I blew a tire on the spreader, so that took care of Saturday. Today I got things going and got a couple loads out.
I had to replace the wood in that spreader this spring and had to make some repairs to the apron and drive. Sadly I only got three loads done and the apron broke. So guess I'll have to replace that too. Also ground a load of feed for the cows, but no pics of that, you've seen that enough anyway.
I think I'll be starting to plant next weekend if we don't get too much rain this week. Pretty early for us yet, but oats should be ok. Things are drying up nicely this year.
Anyway, since I got home early Saturday I decided to try and haul some manure that has been piling up. I had to service the dc which included a oil change for both engine and hydraulic. Then got the 400 hooked to the spreader. Then on the first load I blew a tire on the spreader, so that took care of Saturday. Today I got things going and got a couple loads out.
I had to replace the wood in that spreader this spring and had to make some repairs to the apron and drive. Sadly I only got three loads done and the apron broke. So guess I'll have to replace that too. Also ground a load of feed for the cows, but no pics of that, you've seen that enough anyway.
I think I'll be starting to plant next weekend if we don't get too much rain this week. Pretty early for us yet, but oats should be ok. Things are drying up nicely this year.