WELL!!! I think.......

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I might have fixed my 3 point problem tonight!!!!!!!...I think the Rolloer was not on the follower...Thank to Heat Houser I was able to figure it out!!!!! We will see how long it will work and stay fixed if it breaks again Oh well we know what it is this time...

So far since I have had this 4020 (a year now) I have....

1) Replaced radiator with new one
2) Replace hoses
3) Fixed rockshat...

I still need to..
1) fixed starter bendix solinoid (easy fix)..actually I will just buy a 12V starter
2) Replace top radiator hose (easy fix)
3) remove water from tires...(easy but VERY time consuming)
4) clean it..(very difficult)
 
Well; That 4020 is an antique and has had a long hard life so far and the youngest ones are 36 years old !!!! Ours is 44 yrs. old !!!
So you haven't even scratched the surface of possible repairs. LOL
 
Well here is the Bright spot to that...From what I figure the Transmision is the toughest thing to work on....Well when I bought it from the dealer I was told the Mechanic replaced 3rd and 5th gear....which sort of implies that he went through the transmision at least I hope it does....also from what I under stand the hydrolic pump was over hauled as well...
So I hope and pray I don't run into any more MAJOR problems....

I bought the thing for $7100.00.
 
"Went through" can mean different things to different people. Friend bought a used sickle bar mower many years ago- it was really a mess, even though the salesman said it had "been through the shop". Friend surmised that it must have hit a post on the way through.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top