What do you use to prep primer with?

Dawn dish soap is good for cutting grease/oil/dirt. Then right before paint, wipe with wax and grease remover. Sand existing primer and reprime.

Primer is the base for paint. There is no oils or contaminates to clean off. You just scuff or sand and clean the dust off.

for a primer/surfacer, block sand entire vehicle. spray on a guide coat and re block. repair any problems. re prime and block sand. one more guide coat and hopefully a final block, then wet sand. use a car wash soap without any waxes or silicones. final clear water rinse and squeegee dry, wear nitrile gloves to avoid contamination from skin oils. move to booth and mask as necessary. glove up and go over with a tack cloth. shoot paint. clean your spray equipment with lacquer thinner, then follow up with clean strip naked gun cleaner. easy peasey.

(quoted from post at 04:17:58 09/07/23) What wax and grease remover do you recommend to eliminate any fish eyes?

I have recently been using "prep All". It seems to not been working as well as the one that I used before that I think was called "Final Prep"

AFTER you think primer is ready to paint- Always give final wipe with clean cotton + Lacquer thinner. Saves on fish eye eliminater.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back