What is it / What were they used for?

Grandfather was a carpenter, and had a shed full of odds and ends. I've been going through his stuff and have found several things that I cannot identify or figure out what they were used for. I'm going to post on here as I get to them and let the brain trust have a shot.
First post are some small nails, I'd say about 6d, but the head has been flattened and bent 90 degrees. I have a whole handful of them, they are obviously not home-made. Appears to be made for a specific purpose. Any idea what they might have been used for?
a209650.jpg

No slate you use copper or stainless nails. Copper is the best and you leave them so the slate can wiggle a little. I have seen these but was a very long time ago. Could be a nail that is machine installed for crates or baskets. Not for hand held nailing. Come to think of it I saw these on and old truck seat somewhere.

The shank has barbs near the head. These would have no use for slate shingles. I remember seeing these as a kid. I've never known what they were used for.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back