fixerupper

I have seen these forks before but I never knew what it is intended for. Looks like a mini corn rake. The handle is full length. This is in Iowa of that means anything.
mvphoto84551.jpg

This post was edited by fixerupper on 11/15/2021 at 03:50 pm.

I would say it is a 4-tine garden cultivator. They are still sold in stores. As a kid I did use them as a corn rake.

Garden cultivator, had one at home, been gone from home a long time. Bought one while back at lumber yard, use to pull bigger sticks in to pile and what else I can think it mite work for.

I assume a weeding rake as others say, worked very good for raking corn cobs in the spreader when we shelled corn. Big ones for the ear corn, that little one for the
cobs.

Paul

Grandmother used hers like a hoe. I am thinking she used it for working around smaller plants.

(quoted from post at 19:43:50 11/15/21) So it is just a general all purpose narrow long tooth rake. Nothing special. Thanks for the ideas.

GOOGLE "4 prong garden cultivator" or "4 prong garden weeder".

A rake for old people who can't handle a full size rake. I have one and I'm old.
You have heard of a quarter horse. This is a quarter rake, a quarter the size of a
full size rake.

I have 2, one I wore out over the years. Use them for their intended cultivating purpose and also as a rake, not for leaves but when I
want to drag something from one place to another when a hoe is not the best choice. Handy tool I keep handy.

I think the original intent is to use it as a cultivator. I got two of them and use them all the
time for about everything but a cultivator.

We used one too back in the day for that but it was bigger. More like a full sized manure fork with a 90 degree bend.

Looks like a potato hook to me. Used for digging potatoes and garden cultivating. I use mine a lot but I haven't had a real garden or potato patch in many years. I used it just last week to clean out the leaves in the ditches around the place.

When I was a kid. There was a big red cabinet at the foot of a fire tower. Manned by college kids. There was a half dozen of them in the cabinet plus same amount of picks and pointed shovels and axes.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back