What is it?

casecollectorsc

Well-known Member
Location
E central SD.
Anybody know what this implement is? Looks
like a chisel plow with a Coulter in front
of each shank. Has John Deere 640 on the
top of each shank. Has a JD number stamped
on each shovel also. Thanks for any info.
cvphoto168608.jpg
 
I don't think it's a John Deere implement. Doesn't look familiar and wheels definitely look wrong. Each shank actually has the words John and Deere spelled out? That's very odd as well.

If you search the JD parts website for 640 there was an integral toolbar that could be equipped with rigid shanks. Possible someone adapted those shanks to another machine.
 
John Deere spelled out on each beam with 640 behind it and on the shovels and on the frame. Wheels are cast outer with a steel rim clamped to it painted yellow and JD and casting number stamped to it. Don't know how it could be anything except John Deere.
 
I posted this on a John Deere Facebook page. It's a very early John Deere Field Cultivator, possibly used to the wheat country. Haven't come up with a model number yet.
 
Just what I was going to post. Was so much scrap on this farm that got hauled away before we got there, the damming attachment probably got hauled to scrap...thanks for the help.
 

Well, now that I've learned I was wrong I'd like to learn more. Tried searching JD Parts website but no luck. Anyone have link(s) to more images?
 
Just bought it...probably get it on new rims and rubber and see how it works. Was never used much as the hole in the pull clevis looks like new. Just about all the shanks have been broke and welded, no provision for spring trip rocks on the farm where I found it. There was a ton of stuff on this farm in May when we were there but much has been lost to scrap since. We are in E SD, probably keep it and show at a few local tractor shows.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top