What kind of glue, or not ?

Two0aks

NAA refinishing (not saying restored cause I didn't replace every cotton picking thing). Repainted and now reassembling.
Brake backing plate dust shield cleaned and repainted and want to reinstall felt in dust shield groove. Felt is good shape, but has been washed in gas and looks good, but also not new.
I suspect these were glued in originally but I'm wondering what was used. Lots of rubber cement or something else ?

Also on the replacement Throttle friction disc. Original was fit tightly onto the stud which has a notched ring where it is flush with the bell housing. I suspect it was to keep it from rotating under the Throttle bellcrank. Replacement center hole is larger than stud boss. Should this also be glued to the bell housing to keep it from rotating ? Otherwise it would rotate between bell housing and throttle bellcrank plate.

Thanks for any tips.

mvphoto97114.jpg

mvphoto97115.jpg

Dont think was glued, just pressed in and kinda crimped in a few places. The friction disc was stuck with green paint, most I ever changed had to scrape off.

Thanks for the reply shaun.
For the throttle disc, trying to find that exact replacement has proved impossible. Guess I could spray some rattle can paint on the bottom side and hope it sticks.

The brake dust shield seemed to only have red paint stuck to them in random places, and rust flakes.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back