What would you pay

TractorDad3

62 MF35 with Perkins Serial 2220562

Rear Adjustable rims junk

All 4 tires garbage

Stuck in Reverse

Engine hasnt run in approx 10 years but they say it was rebuilt.
Not stuck. Excessive sealant around oil pan and other areas and
virtually oil free exterior engine area

No fuel past injection pump

4300 on hour meter

5 or 6 drops of water came out the oil plug when cracked, the
air cleaner and upright exhaust didnt look to be covered for a
short time. Coolant is antifreeze. No oil in it.

Oil looks pretty dark with light brownish streaks (rust?).

Excellent tin minus one fender

Dont really need a project but wow these MF35s are pretty in
person. Would love to read any thoughts you all would be willing
to share

I'd say in reasonable condition and running, $4500 max. Work down from there.

If it wasn't kept inside I'd be leary at $500. I stay away from non manual transmissions.

Check for water in the trans, sitting ten years the trans could be locked up if shifter or 3pt draft boots leak. Plan to spend ten dollars to get these parts.

If the motor turns over you could go a couple thousand. They are a modern tractor, compact for storage, three point for all modern implements. If you bought a new tractor, your monthly payments would buy this tractor for either the down payment or first six months of payments.

Hopefully these photos upload for your viewing pleasure

cvphoto139775.jpg

cvphoto139776.jpg

Shift boots have been wide open.
Boot covering the draft piston was in rough shape too. When I lowered the hydraulic lever the arms did drop down. Not sure how they got up, unless while he was trying to crank they raised?

That Tractor unknown is not worth one cent more than $250.00 to the individual who would like to get it functioning.
OR parted out
$250.00 for the Transmission
$250.00 for the Engine
$250.00 for the Differential assembly.

I recently totally stripped a MF 35 six speed Transmision....(2021)

And yes, the total cost for all components that HAD to be replaced in Transmission was just over $2500.00 Canadian. Parts purchased through this site YT.plus $300.00 to machine all tooling / Mandrels required to install all OIL SEALS in both Transmision INPUT SHAFTS. I also had to replace all components in the CLUTCH ASSEMBLY...7000 HRS on Clutch..(2021)..Purchased Clutch assembly form COMPLETE TRACTOR PARTS...Canadian $$$$'s $275.00

I also had to replace the Three-point Hydraulic pump..(2017)...$250.00 The Manual steering box was also worn out as the Tractor had a history of a LOADER on it..
Install a used Manual steering assembly from a parts machine....(2011)...$ 100.00
If your tractor requires any of the above, it is not worth one cent over $1500.00

I'm a licensed Heavy Duty Mechanic and a Certified Power Engineer. What would the labor have been to take the above to a modern up to date Farm Machinery shop..$100.00...$125.00 $150.00 / Hour?

Bob. Purchased new. Have Owned / been in family since 1963. MF 35 X..3-cylinder Perkins Diesel. Original cost of tractor in 1963 $3000.00 Canadian.

Bob...Northwestern Alberta... Alberta / British Columbia border

Also.......Dismantle and repair as per required
Fuel injection pump.
Run pump on TEST STAND and set all parameters.
Summer 2022....
Check all Fuel injectors and repair as per required.

$800.00 Canadian.

Bob Owner 1963 MF 35. Been in family since new...7000 + Hrs.

I'd suggest you offer to haul it away for only $500, they pay cash up front before you come with a trailer with a winch. The cost of repair is likely to be higher than the value of a much better tractor.

Just wanted to come back and say thank you very much for this detailed information. I decided to pass on the machine

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back