What's an 860 worth?

BryGuy

Chance to buy a 1956 860. Guys asking $1500
Tires are 13.6 x 28, not great but hold air
Paint it completely baked off. Tin is pretty good. Fenders are nice.
NOT RUNNING but not stuck
Tractor is sitting about 2.5 hours away so a trip to check it over is tough. Is $1500 too much for these not knowing the condition
completely? The value board on the site starts at $1300 with an avg price of $3300.

Have an 8N and an NAA, looking to move up in the world.

Non running and poor tires equal scrap price. You have no idea of the condition of any of the major components.

It is probably easily worth $2,000. The problem is that you don't know if the transmission, hydraulics, PTO, generator, or pretty much anything is working, so you have to assume that they don't so with poor tires you are down around $700.00.

Non running makes it a parts tractor. Assume the worst. Around $4000 plus to fix an engine now days.

Agree with posters below.

Too much for a parts tractor unless equipped with pie weights, dual remotes, etc.

last one i got was a 861 D non runner.. but it had decent tires, a new injector pump, dual remotes and P/S.. gave the guy $1000 bucks and never even tried to talk him down.. took it home spent about 3-4 hrs on her and been running her ever since...

Where I live. An 860 that will run and drive is $4000.

Ten years ago I was at an auction that had a non running NAA with bad rubber. It sold for $1800.

I think the core issue that leads to the variability in value & price is the huge difference in unknown repair cost of a non-runner. Theres a big difference between a loose battery cable, and worn out rings and valves.

If you want the tractor, its worth the drive to see if you can at least make an estimate on what it might take to fix.

Good luck!

I recently bought 2 801s, one for $325 & one for $300. Both now run & are usable. One I put $300 of parts in, the other $1600. When you buy them like that you need to be prepared for either possibility!

Too many visible things wrong for me to pay $1500. If I wanted a repair job or parts tractor, I might pay $500 tops.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back