What's it worth

johnofnewhaven

What's it worth without the loader? 1966 5000. Diesel select o speed. Clean tractor. Good tires. Select o speed works as it should. I don't know the true hours. I don't want the tractor because of the select o speed. I don't need the rotary mower and would sell it off also. I just want the loader.
a169736.jpg

Well the later sos were much better, still doesn't help the resale tho. Around here if it brought 3 grand I would be surprised with sos

Thank you. I am trying to buy it and we are just to far off to make a deal I think. I am with you on $3000 for just the tractor.

Absent any serious known issues, the tractor alone would easily bring $5K+ in my area.

Dean

I paid 3400.00 for my 1967 SOS 5000 (no loader) in 2009. Up till this year it has been flawless, now I need to get into the transmission and replace some seals (hoping that's all it is).

As Dean says the later SOSs are bullet proof and parts are no harder to get than for most anything else that age. The whole problem is that so many people THINK that they KNOW about the SOS. You may need to advertise wider than Craig's list but you should be able to get $5,000 easily

What is considered to be the late model SOS.

My 69 4000 was originally SOS, from 91-2000 the splines on the input shaft and clutch coupler stripped out, a neighbor borrowed it and broke the main shaft off inside the sun gear, then the front pump went out, thats when I swapped it over the a 8x2 manual.
I liked the SOS in many ways but it just didn't work well with my round baler.
My 881 has the original OC SOS but it's not worked hard, a little use raking or tedding hay if needed, other wise just driven in parades.

A good 5000 with no loader around where will go for $5-6000 easy, but with SOS their hard to sell, even with a working SOS most look at them as a $2500-3000 parts tractor.

Hi Destroked 450. I totally agree on the $2500-$3000 value. I am going to look at it tonight because
I just want the loader off of it and the seller will not separate it so I have to buy tractor and
all. The seller is down sizing to a newer and smaller John Deere. He says everything works as it
should and the SOS works fine. You are correct a nice non SOS 5000 diesel is worth $5000-$6000 easy.
I have a 1974 5000 diesel in great shape with the 8 spd. Would not even consider taking $6000 for
it. Thank you for your input.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back