Which to buy?

Hey guys!
I need your input in my next tractor purchase, please. I'm looking to buy a cab tractor, 80-100hp to pull my JD 530 round baler. The models that I have narrowed down to are: 4030, 4040, 4230, 4240, 2940, 2950. I talked to a local JD salesman and he said to stay away from the 29 series due to hyd issues.
Can you guys tell me your thoughts on these models and any issues that I might need to be aware of?

thx.
 
Amen on the 4240. No contest here. A 4440 would be even better for very little more money, even though it is outside of the hp range you stated. Mike
 
Buy the best tractor you can find. I woulden't be afraid of the 29 series either. The only hyd issue that I'm aware of is a pipe upgrade in the tranny because the orig was too short. If it's been replaced like it should have been there will be an extra hole above the filter housing.
 

I vote with the others on a 4240. As stated the hyd systems on the Waterloo tractors are light years ahead of the JD utility tractors with much less hyd problems!!!!!!!!!!
 
Thanks so much guys!
Although I can't afford to go with the 4240, the 4230's are in my price range. That is what I will go after.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top