White 2-105 hydraulic pump issues

Bullfiddler

New User
Working on White 2-105 hydraulic pump that is overheating. I have read almost all of the past posts I could find and also downloaded the hydraulic repair manual from White on troubleshooting this system. In doing some tests, it appears that my pressures are good but the damn pump just will not shut off no matter where I set the compensator thus it keeps running and heating. Leak off test gives me about a gallon in 30 seconds which should put it in the acceptable range for pump health. I have almost completely back the adjusting screw out that should decrease the pressure that "should" allow the pump to go to neutral. Would this point to the compensator itself being bad? What am I missing??
 
Make certain both levers are in a center position and not stuck in an on position. If stuck on there will be constant pressure
against the pressure relief valve causing a heating problem and the noise you hear is fluid being forced past the valve. Just a
guess. Had it happen more than once.
 
On the 50 series Olivers, they'll do that too if the linkage isn't adjusted right on the 3 pt lever. Is it that way on the 55 series and the Whites too? I don't know, that's why I ask.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top