White 2-155 over/under question

Hi all I'm going to look at a white 2-155 tomorrow. It's supposed to be a 1986 model year which should make it a series 3. I spoke to the salesman on the phone this afternoon and he said they had a guy who knew whites pretty good come look at it and he said the over under direct needed adjusted other than that it seemed like a solid tractor with only cosmetic things to be fixed. My question is, how do you adjust the over/under is it just linkage or something more to it? If I buy it I plan on getting an operator and service manual for it. Also does anyone know if back glass is still available for these tractors or the best source for that
Thanks
Smalltimer

So we have an Oliver 1650 hydra power which is the 2 speed. Also have a 1750 hydra power. Brother has a 1755 with the over/ under hydraul shift. Have had the tractors for a lot of years. 1650 since 1977. There is no adjustment on these units. They either work or they dont. It is not like an IH torque amplifier. The older ones anyway like on my 300 Farmall did have adjustments. If its bad it will need to be rebuilt.

There is no adjustment on them. They have a detent for each range, and the either work or don't. The only thing is on a series 3, if the lever in the side console has restricted travel for allowing the lever to move its full distance, possibly? There are pressure test ports on the O/U, easy test, maybe see if they can do that for you.

Yep, typical salesman talk. Either guy knew nothing about it , or the salesman just b sing. They are like an auto trans, with clutches. If it dont work it needs a rebuild.

I would never take the word of a salesman. If the machine just needed an adjustment, why would that adjustment not already have been made so that it would be a complete machine and ready to go to work?

Just like the salesman telling you that the engine that runs poorly just needs a ''tune-up.'' If that was all it needed, it would have been done and sold as a good running engine. One of the oldest sales lines there is.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back