White 2270 or Oliver 2255

GNoorduyn

New User
I have a 1974 White 2270 with 2,245 original hours that apparently is the same tractor as a Oliver 2255 or a Minneapolis Moline G1355. This tractor is 45 years old and going strong until this spring when I experienced clutch issues. Upon examination of the clutch and hydraulic shift (over/under/direct) it is evident that the hydraulic shift needs extensive repair. Does anyone know where I can purchase a re-manufactured hydraulic shift? I am located in southern Ontario. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Many thanks, Gilbert

A G-1355 & a 2270 have a Moline engine. A 2255 has a V8 Cat. Two places across the lake in Ohio you should try, Maibaugh's and Smithy's. Both are in Ohio

Hi I read your questions about the over/direct/under hydraulic shift on your 2270. You mentioned it had 2245 original hours. I am surprised you would have had problems with the shift at those hours. I have a White 2-105 with a similar shift which had many more hours on it and I had to rebuild it. I did it myself with parts from my local AGCO dealer. If you happen to be interested you can check out the process by looking for my posts. Even though you may not want to do the job yourself and being a different tractor there could be some differences it will explain what makes the shift work and you will have a better idea of what you are dealing with. It's not a terrible job although the engine and shift has to come out which requires lifting equipment. Mine has worked perfectly since I repaired it and the cost would be under $2000 Cdn. I had to replace the main input shaft as it had groves worn in the teeth which would cause the new clutches to hang up if not replaced. A new shaft is expensive, over $2000 Cdn but I lucked out and found a good used one out of Alberta. The over running clutch was expensive for the size of it. Close to $500 Cdn. But other parts were quite reasonable.
I had a 2270 years ago and never had an issue with the shift and it had three times the hours your has. Good luck with your tractor.

I was able to buy a used hydraulic shift from a 2-150 that matched the one from the White 2270. My friend rebuilt the one out of my 2270 with the parts from the used 2-150 and also used a rebuild kit. My total cost so far is just over $4,500 and now I am starting to assemble the tractor. At this point I need to know the torque specifications for the following components:
1 - flywheel to crankshaft
2 - clutch assembly to flywheel
3 - over/under hydraulic shift to center frame
4 - rear frame to flange adapter (right and left)
5 - center frame to rear flange adapters
6 - center frame to front frame

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Gilbert

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back