Why always when its cold

jon f mn

Well-known Member
Seems it's an annual event, a flooded barn. Last year was a broken water line, this year its my own fault as I left the water run in a stock tank. So today I get to clean the barn with a high temp well below zero. Why always when it's bitter cold.
 
Seems it's an annual event, a flooded barn. Last year was a broken water line, this year its my own fault as I left the water run in a stock tank. So today I get to clean the barn with a high temp well below zero. Why always when it's bitter cold.
Be thankful that you are not a Russian!
 
When I worked in the water dept., we had very few breaks in the summer. As for forgetting, for me has more to do with age than cold and doesn't improve in the summer. The results are easier to deal with in the summer though.
 
Seems it's an annual event, a flooded barn. Last year was a broken water line, this year its my own fault as I left the water run in a stock tank. So today I get to clean the barn with a high temp well below zero. Why always when it's bitter cold.
Never got above 31 yesterday and that's when all 4 brakes started grinding on the neighbor's truck. Lucky for him I have the tools and air so he wasn't working in a gravel driveway. Yeah. Seems to go that way.
 
Seems it's an annual event, a flooded barn. Last year was a broken water line, this year its my own fault as I left the water run in a stock tank. So today I get to clean the barn with a high temp well below zero. Why always when it's bitter cold.
I fill a 100 gallon tank with a hose every day in the barn. I finally had to make a self imposed rule for myself. Do not leave the area until the tank is full the water turned off and the hose drained. I use a float in decent weather but from about Nov to May but I can't in the cold weather.
 
Seems it's an annual event, a flooded barn. Last year was a broken water line, this year its my own fault as I left the water run in a stock tank. So today I get to clean the barn with a high temp well below zero. Why always when it's bitter cold.
The statement that Bruce said about the length of hose holds true.I was pretty young but I remember my oldest sister and brother staying home from school one February because they did the same thing. My dad had told them but they thought that could save some chore time.
 
Wednesday it was a power outage from 5 am to 7:30 pm. Last night pressure switch in pumphouse froze up.
I've got snow knee deep to crotch deep. Absolutely too cold to try to plow with open station tractor, if it would even start in these below zero windchills. UNCLE!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top