will not shift into 4th gear

(quoted from post at 07:12:36 09/29/14) I have a '49 8n 6 volt. Cannot shift into 4th gear. All other gears shift o.k. Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
etails? Shufter handle won't move toward 4th position? Handle moves, but no 4th gear is selected/engaged? ?
 
I had a similar issue with my 8N on 3rd gear. I found the shifter gate on the shifter plate was worn enough to prevent the shifter engaging the gear.

I found a good used shifter plate and replaced. I also kept the old one to repair when I have some spare time.
 
Sorry, I can't help you. I must be a real oddball. I've had my 8N for ten years and have never driven it in 4th gear. Oh, I did when I first got it just to test it out.

All the gears work but all I ever use is first or second. I guess I'm just not in much of a hurry.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top