Will wheel weights from a 340 fit on a 656?

mpropst

New User
I just bought a 656 with a heavy 7' loader bucket and needs more rear-end weight. Just realized that on our farm there is an old 340 with wheel weights. I've done some rough measuring and they look like they'd fit? The wheels on the 340 are smaller than the 656 but the weights look to have the same size holes (distance apart)...about 16.25 center to center

I have weights off an H on my IH584. Where there is a will there is always a way if they do not fit right

If the distance between holes is the same, they will fit. They may not fit perfect but with enough ready (threaded) rod, you can bolt them on.

Are both tractors Farmalls with the cast wheel centers? Then yes they will fit.

Full circle weights weigh in the 140-150lb range. Half weights are about half that.

Rear wheel weights are all the same starting with the Farmall H and continuing up through the end of the road for IH. Those weights will weigh about 150 pounds each. The half weights will also fit. The Farmall A,B super A, etc. use different weights, as do the standard tread tractors and the utility tractors.

I would put the half weights on the inside if you don't want them sticking out past the side of the tire. By doing this you don't have to pull the casting loose on the axle.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back