Windows 10 slow after update

Hay hay hay

Whenever my Windows 10 automatically updates during the night, the next day it takes a couple hours of loading, reloading, reboot etc. to get it running fast again. Then it will run well for a couple weeks until the update again, and then it is the same hassle again.
Has anyone else experienced this and is there a simple solution?

It seems that the kids at Microsoft can't leave anything alone. I've never had the issues that you describe, but I really wish those kids would stop playing around.

Best to turn off automatic updates.

You honestly should do a web search on how Microsoft tracks every little thing you do with Windows 10 and hands that information over to third party website sites. I am not talking about tracking just your web activity. They track EVERYTHING you do from using your mic, camera, emails, photos. Everything.

Sites on the web will give you information on how to stop them from doing it and it takes about an hour to go through everything to turn off all of the permissions.

One other thing. If you have the Windows 10 that came setup in Safe Mode. Turn it off. Or you will be forced to install programs and app from the "microsoft store" only. Then they come with more tracking attachments to deal with and slow your PC down even more.

(quoted from post at 11:23:52 11/10/21) Best to turn off automatic updates.

You honestly should do a web search on how Microsoft tracks every little thing you do with Windows 10 and hands that information over to third party website sites. I am not talking about tracking just your web activity. They track EVERYTHING you do from using your mic, camera, emails, photos. Everything.

Sites on the web will give you information on how to stop them from doing it and it takes about an hour to go through everything to turn off all of the permissions.

One other thing. If you have the Windows 10 that came setup in Safe Mode. Turn it off. Or you will be forced to install programs and app from the "microsoft store" only. Then they come with more tracking attachments to deal with and slow your PC down even more.

LOL, your actually not turning anything off.

All that work to supposedly eliminate the data mining you speak of is just to placate your fears.
Why on earth would microsoft want to program in anti revenue generating features into their product??

My solution to the updating was to go to settings, network & internet, then make the network a metered connection. I set it to use 1 mb per month. At that rate it takes a very, very long time to download any updates. Meanwhile, you can go about your business using your computer how you want to use it.

(quoted from post at 08:11:41 11/10/21)
(quoted from post at 11:23:52 11/10/21)LOL, your actually not turning anything off.

All that work to supposedly eliminate the data mining you speak of is just to placate your fears.
Why on earth would microsoft want to program in anti revenue generating features into their product??

Microsoft will only give you fragment of information on eliminating data mining. Thats why I said do a web search. And its best to do it on a device that is not related to micosoft (phone for example) trying to search the subject with Edge for example is useless. Plenty of sites out there that will guide you set by step on stopping MS spying.

When you are able to fully download and install DuckDuckGo browser (not the search app) on Windows 10. Thats when you know microsoft no longer controls your PC.

I seem to recall during the run-up to the 10 release it was supposed to be the last version and would be updated and not replaced. Now I see 11. When updates are sent out they are downloaded but some features don't take effect until the next boot. I've had many that were quick but some took a while.

(quoted from post at 14:30:53 11/10/21)
(quoted from post at 08:11:41 11/10/21)
(quoted from post at 11:23:52 11/10/21)LOL, your actually not turning anything off.

Microsoft will only give you fragment of information on eliminating data mining. Thats why I said do a web search. And its best to do it on a device that is not related to micosoft (phone for example) trying to search the subject with Edge for example is useless. Plenty of sites out there that will guide you set by step on stopping MS spying.

When you are able to fully download and install DuckDuckGo browser (not the search app) on Windows 10. Thats when you know microsoft no longer controls your PC.

Your free to believe you can stop what you think your stopping.

Mine did about five or six hours of updates a year and a half to two years ago. Since then, videos won't run without constantly stopping to buffer. I thought it would remedy itself in time, but it never did. Videos run fine on the Acer Chromebooks and on the ROKU, so it isn't the connection. Good luck.

It will help if you stop doing warm boot and only do cold. Do an extra cold boot a the end of the process. Never let it apply updates overnight - you need to watch so you can force the cold boot instead of a restart which is really just somewhat reordering of fragmented memory. And done poorly at that.

Your answer makes sense because of my experience. After an update it is so slow and unresponsive that I can not even get to the power
setting in windows. I have been forced to push the power button to shut it down. When I turn it back on and reboot(cold) it runs much better,
but not as good as before. Over time the speed and responsiveness gets back to normal....then an update comes and I start all over.

I am not a computer techie, but I will try to do what you suggest.

PS: had to look up cold boot vs warm boot.

Thanks

I ditched Windoze years ago because of these very issues. Started using Linux. Complete updates take MINUTES, not hours, and NO REBOOTING. Everything is basically FREE, and most everything is fully compatible with Windoze. You can install only what you want, and are not forced into installing the MS bloatware. As to the updates, you can continue working on your computer while the updates are being done; no shutting anything down to do the updates. A complete, NEW Linux OS install might take two hours, at the most. Something to think about, changing to a Linux flavor. zuhnc

(quoted from post at 06:54:39 11/10/21) Whenever my Windows 10 automatically updates during the night, the next day it takes a couple hours of loading, reloading, reboot etc. to get it running fast again. Then it will run well for a couple weeks until the update again, and then it is the same hassle again.
Has anyone else experienced this and is there a simple solution?

The activity is the system performing the actual updates, make sure the updates applied correctly, and to scan the system for viruses, malware, and other issues that have been discovered since the last update.

It's best to just ride it out and let it do its thing. Most of the load and slowness is disk activity. If you upgrade to a solid state/flash disk drive that will speed things up.

Without the updates you leave your computer vulnerable to the latest viruses, malware, ransomware, etc..

I do a daily disc scan and clean up to eliminate any problems especially on DSL (Dismally Slow Load)
Most updates leave garbage behind.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back