Wireless Trailer Rear View Camera

Simoniz has a very good one for about $70.00. I have one in my car and one in my truck. One i bought at Fleet Farm and one at our local Runnings.
Have had them for about 3 years now. Easily wired to the backup light or just on a toggle switch.

Simoniz has a very good one for about $70.00. I have one in my car and one in my truck. One i bought at Fleet Farm and one at our local Runnings.
Have had them for about 3 years now. Easily wired to the backup light or just on a toggle switch.
I have been looking for something like that. Is the only wire needed to the backup light? does it have a display up front and is it wireless from the camera to the display?

I have an Auto Vox I got off of Amazon. Mine is semi wireless. The camera is wireless with a rechargable battery. I can put it anywhere from my hitch to the back of my camper, which is great because different trailers need it in different places. The monitor plugs in, for me thats no problem. They have fully wireless models as well.

I have been looking for something like that. Is the only wire needed to the backup light? does it have a display up front and is it wireless from the camera to the display?
Yes nice clear display ( unless the camera lens is dirty) and is remote. Runnings store manager said it was clearer than his newer vehicle with a factory one. Camera mounts on the rear license plate. works good for backing up to a trailer.

Good morning Bill, I bought a couple cheap (forget the brand) wireless backups on e bay that worked okay but think if one wanted to spend a bit more money see if Furion has one to suit your needs as they may be better quality.

John T

This rear view aid has always worked well for me.

Attachments

• 3B92A9AD-9984-4ADC-A094-5928CD3C11B8.jpeg
    3B92A9AD-9984-4ADC-A094-5928CD3C11B8.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 24
What I really need is a portable battery powered magnetic mount camera that can be switched to "normal" orientation readily. Primary need is when using clamp on forks on the backhoe where you have pretty much zero visibility of the forks. Something I can mag onto the loader bucker with a good view and plop the monitor in the cab readily. Would also be useful for a number of other things if it had a decent range.

Anyone run across such a unit?

If you ever see 18 wheelers there are many that have a sticker on the mirrors, GOAL. GET OUT AND LOOK. Technology is great but it has limitations.

If you ever see 18 wheelers there are many that have a sticker on the mirrors, GOAL. GET OUT AND LOOK. Technology is great but it has limitations.
I've also started seeing semis with cameras on the back of the trailer. Considering what a semi costs and the need for dash cams anyway, it's a low cost welcome addition.

What I really need is a portable battery powered magnetic mount camera that can be switched to "normal" orientation readily. Primary need is when using clamp on forks on the backhoe where you have pretty much zero visibility of the forks. Something I can mag onto the loader bucker with a good view and plop the monitor in the cab readily. Would also be useful for a number of other things if it had a decent range.

Anyone run across such a unit?
There are a boatload of battery powered backup cameras that are magnetically mounted on Amazon for under $100. Some are wired with a view screen and some create a wifi signal where you can use a smart phone as the view screen. Most of them are reversible, in that they can be mounted pointing to the rear or to the front of the vehicle and the view on the screen will be correctly oriented.

I bought a fairly cheap, Chinese branded one last Fall with a rechargeable battery and it worked fine for about 3 months. Now it won't stay on longer than about 15 seconds. No idea why. I can't get it apart without breaking it. I'd like to try to rewire it to a double A battery if I could get it apart.

Meanwhile I bought this one a couple weeks ago. I connected the power cord to a plug to go in the trailer connection on my truck. So far it's working fine. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09N8M4KTF?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back