woods mower parts source?

ericlb

ive been on the inner web for over an hour, im trying to get my farmall cub going for the season and i have some mowing to do on the farm now, it ran fine last year but im having trouble with the slip clutch now, it wont stay locked in under power, in taking it apart it had heavy hard grease which i imagine is part of the problem, but it was also obvious that somebody has had trouble with it before, looked on ebay but nothing other than a whole mower unit, i dont need another i have 3 cub mowers now ranging from burned junk to the c-2 danco to the woods, i cant find a source for the slip clutch, visiting various sites they either put up " 0 results" or just wander off to something else, have you guys got a source for the slip clutch that will ship me a new one? this one may work, but in summer the cub runs daily. so i want one on hand, the ramps on mine look well used

I assume you have a 42 inch woods mower. I have one mounted on a cub and it is my main mower. I bought the parts to rebuild my woods mower deck at Messicks.

copy and past this link: http://www.messicks.com/vendor/woods

Any woods dealer can get you the parts, and it pays to shop around. The prices will vary greatly from dealer to dealer.

That slip clutch is a weak point in the Woods design. It works great for grass only, but the second you hit a rock it is likely to fail. I spent about $400 rebuilding mine, then hit a rock the first time I used it and it started slipping again. Thankfully, I was able to weld up the ends of the ratchet mechanism and file them back into shape. You may be able to make a similar repair with your current parts. Definitely clean out the grease, and only oil sparingly.

thanks, i did repair mine some and it might work awhile, [ part number 7] but im going to order one just incase

Are you sure someone didnt relace it with a over-running pto cause the Cub turning backwards from standard tractors it would not lock up. If you cant turn it backwards thats what is on there.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back