work boots ID

Grandfather always wore these type of leather insulated workboots. For some reason I kept an old pair of his up in the attic for years, and last year I got them out and cleaned them up and started wearing them. They are great boots! Work outside in the Texas heat and my feet stay cool, even though they are insulated!
Can anybody tell me the brand? They have a small brass triangle near the top (see photo) and for some reason, I seem to remember that the triangle might have originally been painted red. Any labeling on the inside is long gone. These boots could easily be 40 years old.
I'd like to buy another pair if I could identify the brand. Thanks
a79022.jpg

a79022.jpg

I have never seen boots with that triangle.If you look around you will find somebody that will come close to a boot that is like that one . I wear Chippewa Loggers that are made of Gore-tex and Thinsulate lined. These boots are water proof and are cooler in the summer than regular leather boots.

Dan the triangle is not a brand but is used to indicate its a safety shoe and different color triangles are used to tell what type of a safety shoe it is.

No clue as to the make based just on the triangle. Is there anything on the sole, the back of the tongue, or possibly under the innersole? That said Wolverine has a great boot that is a tan colored pigskin, has 400 grams of thinsilate, is waterproof, and is very comfortable summer and winter. I remember a man telling me about them several years before I got my first pair and I thought he was full of it when he said they were cool in the summer..but he was right. I wore them for years but finally stopped because the way the sole is made it breaks off at the sides from me climbing on equipment and shortens the life of the boot dramatically. For the cost I want one to last as long as possible.

I now wear a pair from Timberland. No insulation but they are lined, and waterproof. I get a bit more life out of them, for a little less cost, and the same amount of comfort.

Wolverine made a shoe like that I think at least in the 70s and 80s. I could not find them at their website doing a quick look.

kind of a long shot - but Canada West boots have a small triangle logo. Not a metal one - but who knows - maybe they used to.

?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back