Work on the narrow front WD steering continues...

Will Herring

So yeah, got the old narrow front WD jacked up and blocked up to take the front spindle apart to see if we can't fix some of the wobble...

QBssRQa.jpg

Ow6RvKi.png

47N1xF2.png

Seems like there's some wear going on in the lower casting... Also rebuilding the front hubs while I've got it torn down and getting new rubber.

SuWBI2N.png

7CLgmaO.png

Gci35Pb.png

Interestingly, that bearing doesn't want to just "drop out" from the bottom... Seems like there may be some keyway wear in the lower casting (spindle itself doesn't look bad?), but also concerned that the bearing may be eating into the shaft...

uEavpy0.png

Assume I need to remove the crank here somehow (must be some pins or clips under the radiator between the frame rails?) so I can pull this gear and the shaft from the top and see what kind of damage is down there?

I've got a new front bearing set on order (bearing, race, and the seals/retainers, since it's all beaten up). Gladly will take any advice on how to continue here.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back