Just and update of todays work on my tractor. For was not to bad outside in the afternoon here. Had to take off my jacket even.
Started into the 12 volt wires on my tractor. Seemed I had a mess down there with some wires having been over heated and melted bad in some area's.
So took out the head light switch cause it did not turn on anything. Put a new switch in and run me some new wires to the head lights and a new wire for later hook up on rear lights I wanted.
Turn switch on and did not even know if front lights would work. But they shine real pretty in glow and made me smile.
Next the ignition switch came out. Run a new wire from it down to the starter. For it had more cracks in it then a puzzel. Then the coil wire came next. Carefully running it around so it would not have that melt look it did. *S Run a few other wires and when done I reached over and hit the key! Broooom she started right away.
Next went to the fuel sending unit I had just gotten new. It would not read out and I seem to have trouble trying to figure out why not. Well after sometime. I found the new unit had a thicker gasket on it. So I had to go buy new bolts to put in it. Well seems these new bolts were not made of steel. Therefore they did not act as a ground hook up for the unit. So everytime I hooked a wire even to battery and one of these bolts. I got nothing on the gauge. So took it apart again. Like three times doing this for I figured out I need a steel bolt to make a ground connection. Works now.. but whewwwwwwww!
Got on my tractor and took it for a short ride and it did great.
Have more to do tomorrow this old foot and toe holds out. Still having trouble in that area.
Started into the 12 volt wires on my tractor. Seemed I had a mess down there with some wires having been over heated and melted bad in some area's.
So took out the head light switch cause it did not turn on anything. Put a new switch in and run me some new wires to the head lights and a new wire for later hook up on rear lights I wanted.
Turn switch on and did not even know if front lights would work. But they shine real pretty in glow and made me smile.
Next the ignition switch came out. Run a new wire from it down to the starter. For it had more cracks in it then a puzzel. Then the coil wire came next. Carefully running it around so it would not have that melt look it did. *S Run a few other wires and when done I reached over and hit the key! Broooom she started right away.
Next went to the fuel sending unit I had just gotten new. It would not read out and I seem to have trouble trying to figure out why not. Well after sometime. I found the new unit had a thicker gasket on it. So I had to go buy new bolts to put in it. Well seems these new bolts were not made of steel. Therefore they did not act as a ground hook up for the unit. So everytime I hooked a wire even to battery and one of these bolts. I got nothing on the gauge. So took it apart again. Like three times doing this for I figured out I need a steel bolt to make a ground connection. Works now.. but whewwwwwwww!
Got on my tractor and took it for a short ride and it did great.
Have more to do tomorrow this old foot and toe holds out. Still having trouble in that area.