Would The 4550 Backhoe Rims Bolt Up To An 8N?

8NChris

Curious if I was to come across a good set of rims with decent tires. Other than being too fast would the rims fit correct over the 8N drums? This rim reminds me of a kid that bailed hay with us ONE time.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/grd/d/ennis-ford-tractor-wheels-tires/7263073128.html

mvphoto68686.jpg

The center is a standard size and will fit an 8N. The rims are too big for an N, which normally uses a 9" or 10" rim.

Colin, MN

I have 11.2-28 on my 8N and have about 4 1/2" clearance from tire to fender. I don't know how wide the Ind. tires are compared to what
you have but you may want to consider the additional width. Yes, If you were just buying the tires they are too wide for 10 or 11"
rims but with complete tire and rim assy. it may work.

Look's like a fixed rim so the depth may be an issue. If I come across a closer set I may test fit them.
Thank's

No.
That tractor is based on the 1965-75 three
cylinder 4000 platform. The rear lug
pattern is 8 on 8" w/3/4 studs.
8Ns through the 3600s had 8 on 6" pattern
w/5/8 studs.

cvphoto72099.jpg

Thanks, Jerry! I didn't know that the center had been changed in that order.

Hope all is well your way. I took the family to Tractor Land day before yesterday to pick up some parts. Sounds like they've had a really good year.

Colin

Thanks!
Best wishes to you and yours as well.
I stopped in to see Alex a few times last year. Go right by there on my way up north.
Good to hear he's still doing well.
Means there's still a lot of interest in the old Fords. If there's anyone around here who could replace? Palmer Fossum he's the man.
Lot of knowledge and parts there.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back