Wrapped around the Axle Seperation

Tims-A

New User
Holy Sh@&! By the time I got to reading about clear coating the barn to avoid a tax increase, I was laughing so hard I was crying. First Hugh says spare the hammer, now I have to have a set of "Big Ones" (torches). I can see my neigbors now when I drag this thing outback to my wood lot with a come-along. "He's finally lost it Martha"

Thanks,

Tim
 
Tim: I do suggest if you plan to use heat, and I don't see any other solution, you best remove the axle from tractor. The time a friend and I heated a SA center tube red hot from end to end, we though we were going to burn his shop down. We didn't want to stop, thus he called his son to come and set up his Honda pump with fire hose from farm pond. The heat we were creating was drying everything in shop tinder dry. We never did use it on the axle, but we did hose the shop.

If your going to use any type pulling device, do it only after the center tube of that little axle is red hot. Some of these guys Allan included aren't stopping to think that could be stuck just as solid as any big tractor. I have done the axles on big tractors as well, and yes you can do what Allan is showing in his photo. You hook two big tractors, or any other device to that little axle, if stuck solid enough you may snap the spindle tubes and spindles of the axle. Look up the cost of a center tube, far less expensive than the end parts and spindles.
 
Laugh if you will. Friend of mine years back had to put up a powerhouse for sawmill he had laying in the grass. Pony engine to start the diesel to turn the generator.

He prefabbed the whole shed in his barn, cedar shingles and all. Dug around in the old paint supply and came up with some black, something he put together to make brown, a little white, a real healthy helpin' of aluminum and a lot of thinner. Voila, hundred-year-old shingles. Looked like the shed was built when the house was. Tax assessor never knew a thing about it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top