WTB Small 8N Parts

afinley

New User
I've been lurking here for about two years and finally joined a short time ago. The information on this forum is priceless, I must say.

I'm looking for a few small parts and I'm hoping someone here has some they can sell. I don't agree with the shipping costs most places charge for small parts they could throw in an envelope with a $0.47 stamp or two. I also don't want to buy 50 or 100 of a part I only need one of from McMaster if I can help it. I figured someone might have some extras laying around from the last time they went Dutch on some parts.

Here's the list:

- -330 Buna-N or PTFE Backup ring for NAA hydraulic piston (preferably the split-ring version)
- 0.125" wide 0.612"x0.24" flat-bottom woodruff key (McMaster p/n: 98525A100) for a Sherman Combo tranny shifter rod
- replacement front and rear countershaft thrust washers and the front output shaft thrust washer for the Sherman Combo tranny (the rebuild kit only comes with 2 and one is the wrong thickness :? )

Thanks for all the awesome contributions y'all have made to this site so far and thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help me.

If you have a place like Industrial Bearing and Transmission or Motion Industries, or even a larger hardware store, you should be able to get those parts at a reasonable cost.

Thanks for the suggestion, Steve.

I'm waiting on a response from IBT on the thrust washers but Motion Industries would have to bulk order the key and o-ring just like I would from McMaster (the guy said that they supply McMaster a lot of the time). I'm pretty sure IBT is not going to have anything that will work for the washers.

Does anyone know if there is some tolerance slop on the ID/OD of the washers or do they need to be dead nuts? If not, it looks like McMaster might have some that I can use. If so, I'll probably have to pay the $85 in materials and machining to get them made by my guy. $85 for 3 washers....that hurts.

I'm going to check Lowe's now for the woodruff key while I pick up some pipe pieces to press on the big bearings. We'll see what they have...

As I suspected, Lowe's did not have any woodruff keys. I had to explain to two different people what they were before I got a 'no'. Also, the pack I picked up from Autozone did not have the right size...of course. Looks like it's on to McMaster.

On the other hand, John Smith came through for me yesterday evening with some extra thrust washers he had lying around that I was able to buy from him. Three cheers for John!!!

Well, if anyone needs a PTFE -330 split backup ring, an SAE #5 woodruff key, or some 1/4-20 1/2" cone point set screws, I'm your guy.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back