Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedemd-HT

New User
I have a Yanmar 2000 with a Bulldog 285 loader. I recently had a failure of the bucket cylinder. The hydraulic shop is not able to repair the cylinder and I have searched all over for a replacement cylinder but have been unable to find one. Does anyone have a source for replacement parrts for the Bulldog 285 loaders?
 
Hard to believe a good hydraulic shop couldn't repair the cylinder. What was wrong with it? Bent rod? Here are two sources that might help you . East Texas Imports, 903-865-1220 and East Texas Equipment, 903-537-2730. If yours is the same as mine I think it is a 25 x 1000mm cylinder or .984 x 39.370. I believe that to be rod size by extended length. Not saying this one would work but it seems close to what you may have. <LINK_TEXT text="http://baileynet.c...&amp;line=MC&amp;baileyno=288-306</LINK_TEXT>
 
It's unusual for a cyl to be unrepairable. A bent rod usually can be straightened and turned, and if the outside were dinged, you'd know that. Did they say why?

I'd question a shop that can't source a replacement for you. If you can't find another shop, Google "hydraulic cylinders" and look for one with equivalent exterior dimensions. There's no simple way for you to determine the internals, but it's likely that if it will fit it will work. Good luck.
 
That's a Vietnamese loader. I would expect that you would have to buy a pair to end up with a matching set.
 
The end cap apparently loosened and I didn't realize it and when I tried to use the bucket, the cap blew off and, according to to hydraulic shop, splayed out the end of the cylinder and it can't be repaired. I have tried mutiple cylinders of that size but pin tubes are too wide to fit the loader and too large a pin size. I would be interested in finding out where I could find a source for the Vietnamese cylinders. I have tried the Texas sources and they wont fit.
 
My only advise is to contact one of the dealers that are selling those tractors with the bulldog loaders &amp; see where they get parts for them. My guess is that there is no organized parts distribution but that is only my guess.
 
There are, no doubt, cylinders that can be made to fit with miminal machining, (drilliing, filing), if you can't find correct parts. The forums are filled with folks looking for Bulldog cylinders.
 
I have confirmed that LCI has gone out of business. Also, The Bulldog loaders were made for them and I don't believe you will find any new loaders or parts for them. VN tractors in Dallas area sells vn loaders which have metric cylinders. I have talked with Rodney there and gave him some dimensions. I will report back when I hear from him.
 
Swedemd, having had the cylinder apart do you know the bore size. I have determined pretty much all dimensions from my loader but don't know the bore size. I'm guessing it is 2" or closest mm size to that. Bore size would be critical. I am curious about a lot so I put a gauge on my loader to determine the relief valve setting. It is somewhere between 2100 and 2200psi.
 
Winston;
I appreciate your f/u on the cylinder problem. The bore is 2 inches and the stroke is 12 inches. The pin size is 3/4 in(19mm) and I'm not sure what the operating pressure is but those figures sound reasonable. The extended length is 33 inches. My problem has not been finding the correct size cylinder, but all the 2 in units with a 12 inch stroke all have 1 in pin size and the near end had the pin tube welded to the cylinder and it is too wide to fit into the frame of the loader. My cylinder has an extension welded on the near end and a narrow tube that fits into the frame.
 
I haven't been much help and as usual having been looking at the wrong cylinder the whole time. Just realized you are talking about your curl cylinder. The rod size is actually 25mm or .984". I believe with a closer look you will see the pin holes are for a 20mm (.787) pin. The bore is .793''. A 3/4" pin will fit very loose in your loader frame. "If" a cylinder with 3/4" pin holes could be found you could drill the pin holes out a few thousands without any harm. I believe you could take a little angle grinder with a cutting disc and cut the pin tube down to what ever size you want. Mines is 2.359" on the rod end and 1.656" on the stationary end. I have sent vn tractors a crude drawing of this cylinder and hoping first of next week they will check it out with their cylinders and see if it could possibly work. Rod size, bore size, could make a lot of difference in just what force is applied at rod end. I find this very interesting. I feel whatever you find you will need a pair to make things work right. Just remember, when there is a will there is a way. As Carey says, blah, blah, blah. I'm done for now. <E>:mrgreen:</E>
 
Back again. This PDF shows Prince Wizard line of welded cylinders. <LINK_TEXT text="http://www.princeh...nders/catalog/cylindersWizard.pdf</LINK_TEXT> If you go to F200120 that will be a 2" bore, 12" stroke, 17-1/2" length (without ends), 3/4" pin holes. If you put the tang end on the base end and the clevis end on the rod end you will end up with 21" retracted and 33" extended. Best I can measure mine is 21-1/4" retracted and 33" extended. The 21-1/4" retracted is very important. Any longer and as you know your bucket wouldn't curl back far enough. I know the tang and clevis are not what you want or need but it might work. They could be drilled for your metric pin (at least mine is metric). The tang would extend 1-3/4" to center which will clear the cylinder from your loader frame. If I were doing this I would probably weld a bushing in the clevis and drill it out also. Seems to me the cylinder would spec out F200120CSTTC. One last thought, The 1-1/8" rod as opposed the the 25mm (.984") rod could make a difference in the push and pull force at rod end. That is over my head. Will attach a picture of my loader, thinking it is identical to yours. If I hear back from VN Tractors I will be back.

34251_771ea01d3d80417e1b7592322e244319.jpg
 
Haven't really done anything to help. Wish I could. I sent VN Tractors another e-mail this morning, they may not want to mess with me. I sent them a crude drawing of the cylinder and sizing . I would post it here but have never been able to post a scan on this forum with clarity. Probably my bad but I am old and not a computer whiz. I get the message "file is too big", then when I reduce size it becomes unclear. <E>:roll:</E>
 
I use to have the same problem Winston until my pc. savey son set me up with this Program. PIXresizer exe. Get it free online and It's simple to use I can even use it <E>:roll:</E> . Only takes a secound to post any Digital Pic now. <E>:D</E>
NICE Upgrade on the Message Board Aaron..... Looks and works great for me.
 
<QUOTE author="Carey"><s>
</s>I use to have the same problem Winston until my pc. savey son set me up with this Program. PIXresizer exe. Get it free online and It's simple to use I can even use it <E>:roll:</E> . Only takes a secound to post any Digital Pic now. <E>:D</E>
NICE Upgrade on the Message Board Aaron..... Looks and works great for me.<e>
/e></QUOTE>
May have to give that a try. Thanks for the info.
 
Check out Bailey Hydraulics ....I believe out of Tennesee. They have a website that you can look to possibly match a cylinder. My loader on a 1500d, with a VN loader, had a bad leak and was able to match up exactly from Bailey.
I also contacted VN Tractors and it took forever for them to get back to me....only to finally give me a price much more than Bailey's.
 
Swedemd, just wondering how you are standing with your cylinder search. VN tractors never got back with me about their cylinders. Hope your up and running. <E>:)</E>
 
Swedem, as Paul Harvey said, I sure would like to hear "The rest of the story". Sure would like to hear what your solution has been to your cylinder problem. Thanks.
 
One last try to get you to share with us what your solution was on your loader. I know we didn't help you much but your solution might help us in the future. Hoping you will share with us. <E>:mrgreen:</E>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top