ym336D, Bent tie rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I bent the tie rod and straightened it as best I could. I am concerned about the strength. Should I weld a gusset on it for support?

Thanks,
Al
 
how did you get the part strait? Heat or bent it cold? Heating a part is the best way. get it cherry red, bend to desired shape then quench the part with cold water from a hose pipe. this will reharden the metal. Where heating the part and letting it cool own its own will aneal or (soften) the metal. The gusset is up to you but if I felt I needed it I probaly would just replace the tie rod.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top