Zenith carb

jonb66

New User
Working on a CO op 4 with zenith updraft carb. Carb was leaking fuel. Installed new kit and set float all good. Tractor will not run. I can get it started and keep it running by spraying into throat but will not run on its own. Any thoughts???
 
Working on a CO op 4 with zenith updraft carb. Carb was leaking fuel. Installed new kit and set float all good. Tractor will not run. I can get it started and keep it running by spraying into throat but will not run on its own. Any thoughts???
Pull the carb drain plug and make sure you have a good steady flow of gas out the float bowl drain. I'll bet the float is stuck closed
 
Yeah I checked that first. Good flow out the plug. I know very little about these carbs. Not sure how they pull the fuel uphill
 
Yeah I checked that first. Good flow out the plug. I know very little about these carbs. Not sure how they pull the fuel uphill
Okay do this then. Hold your hand over the air intake of the carb as in unhook the air cleaner and make sure you have a good suction and you get gas on your hand. Lack of suction of gas means either a vacuum problem of a clog some place. I've even had a tractor start when I have done that
 
Thanx I'll give that a try and see what happens
The carb on my Farmall C was leaking gas when running.
I went to Amazon and bought a new aftermarket carb.
I would recommend checking out Amazon for a new carb.
Nice thing if it doesn't work, Amazon pays for return shipping.
Worked fine after making a few adjustments.
I couldn't buy a rebuild kit for $33.69

Carburetor Compatible with IH-Farmall Tractor A AV B BN C Super A Super C Replace 352376R92 TSX156 TSX157 TSX319 354184R93 355485R91 373957R91354184R93 373957R91 52499DB 69401D​

$33.69

71Yp4U-XxuL._AC_SX679_.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top