Zenith carburators - Ford 3000

My Ford 3000 seldom starts because of what I believe is the carburator.

It has started most recently provided you dont pull the choke out or pull the throttle down.

And even then if it doesn't start right up you get the strong smell of gas.

I found these Zenith carburators up here in Canada, expensive yes, but I can't find a mechanic or even some to rebuild my Holley.
 

Attachments

  • Zenith carburator.png
    Zenith carburator.png
    379.2 KB · Views: 0
My Ford 3000 seldom starts because of what I believe is the carburator.

It has started most recently provided you dont pull the choke out or pull the throttle down.

And even then if it doesn't start right up you get the strong smell of gas.

I found these Zenith carburators up here in Canada, expensive yes, but I can't find a mechanic or even some to rebuild my Holley.
I got my education on the dreaded Holley from the nicest 2000 that came to me as a hard starter. After it got hot and you shut it off it may not start again till it cooled down. Not wanting to spend big bucks for a replacement and not resolve the issue I had to confirm it would run well with a good carb. I then checked compression and found it to be low; it’s been a while I think it was around 80 it may have been lower. I adjusted the valves it needed it, my conclusion the engine was just tired it needed rebuilding. It just goes to show you a nice paint job it just eye candy.

I recommend you confirm engine health, ignition health and starting charging system health before you condemn the carb. Your best guess does not count confirm it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top