Zetor 7245 good?

Bart CA

I'm looking at a Zetor 7245 4WD cab with front snow blower for sale.
I would like to have opinions from Zetor owners.
Good tires
Paint very good
general esthetic very good
1000 hours running time
Engine driveline and hydraulics to be evaluated
Asked $ 15,000 CDN

Thank you in advance

Bart

No personal experience, but a friend of mine bought one new some years back. Never really had anything bad to say about it. A good dealer is way overblown for most tractors IMO, but for these tractors its very important to have a good one nearby to help with hard to find parts. Price seems TO ME too high. I feel like you could find a similar tractor of a more trusted name for a similar price. Though likely with more hours.

One of the easiest starting tractors. One issue to consider. If hydraulic pump is mounted on the left side of engine, you will have live hydraulics. If not, it will be a PTO driven pump. Hydraulic brakes are sometimes an issue.

My brothers neighbor bought a new one a few years ago! The main problem he had with it was when it was assembled they used too much silicone sealer. It kept flaking off and plugging the hydraulic filter. And it was hard to get parts for, but it was years ago. Maybe they have a better parts supply system now! Just sayin.

No personal experiance as they evidently were never sold in my area as I have never seen one so without them being a normal brand and never being see around I would not even consider at any price above scrap. Might be good but here you would never find service or parts.

I've no substantive opinion of the make specifically but always consider the dealer and availability of parts as much as the color of the tractor.

Had a 3320 2 wheel drive open station. Served me well but I only put about 30 hours a year on it on my small acreage. Resale is very poor but it was about half price of JD when I bought it new. If you do your own work, there was and probably still is a place in one of the southern states that could get any parts I needed. Sold it and bought a New Holland with cab and loader. No longer any Zetor dealers in this area. It had the technology of a tractor of the late 1950s and early 1960s which is not really a bad thing.

the engines and transmissions are well built. i havent been around them for over 10 years but you could call out to pennsylvania for parts and they would ship to the customer. you could also talk to a tech.if you had any problems. a few years before i left they changed the seals in the brake, clutch master and slave cylinders and they would leak i dont know if that was changed. but they are easy to work on. $15000 sounds a little high to me tractor data says the sold for $17000 new.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back