Safety Instructions For Paint Hardner Sold on This Side

FarmerHR

We are going over our Massey Harris 444 including a new paint job. Am planning to purchase the old Massey Harris Red from this site along with some hardner.
What are the safety precautions for the hardner sold by this site ?
Is a forced air mask required ?
Would appreciate hearing any experiences others have had, and any tips you would be willing to share.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Thank You !

We are going over our Massey Harris 444 including a new paint job. Am planning to purchase the old Massey Harris Red from this site along with some hardner.
What are the safety precautions for the hardner sold by this site ?
Is a forced air mask required ?
Would appreciate hearing any experiences others have had, and any tips you would be willing to share.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Thank You !
Via the order page for it here on YT you could contact them and ask them to email you the info.
They should have an electronic version of the label to send to you.

Via the order page for it here on YT you could contact them and ask them to email you the info.
They should have an electronic version of the label to send to you.
Thank you for your help. I have sent them an email per your suggestion.

My father used to paint cars for me in the 1970's into the mid 1980's. It was a hobby of mine, I could find a good runner that needed body work, fix it and he would spray it. He was a professional painter. Back then we never even heard of hardener- just used acrylic enamel. Results were great. I made good $$ doing this. My Dad is now 94 years old living in his own home still, can still drive. OTOH I knew two guys who worked in body shops that used to spray cars....they used the hardener regularly....neither made it to retirement age.... I have painted a few tractors in the last five years using acrylic enamel. They still look good and I never cracked open the can of hardener that came with the paint kit, but you do you....

My father used to paint cars for me in the 1970's into the mid 1980's. It was a hobby of mine, I could find a good runner that needed body work, fix it and he would spray it. He was a professional painter. Back then we never even heard of hardener- just used acrylic enamel. Results were great. I made good $$ doing this. My Dad is now 94 years old living in his own home still, can still drive. OTOH I knew two guys who worked in body shops that used to spray cars....they used the hardener regularly....neither made it to retirement age.... I have painted a few tractors in the last five years using acrylic enamel. They still look good and I never cracked open the can of hardener that came with the paint kit, but you do you....
What bothers me is they don't say what brand of paint they're selling. If you had the brand you could at least look up the product online and get the instructions and safety information. You could be getting anything, even Majic, which is absolute garbage paint.

There are/were a couple of guys on another site I regularly visited that had bad reactions to hardener. They thought they were doing everything right, wearing masks and painting outside, yet they ended up in the hospital with severe respiratory issues which they never fully recovered from. One of them has since passed on if I'm not mistaken. The hardener didn't kill him directly IIRC but it didn't extend his life any.

I know there are guys that say it's all a bunch of "hooey" (to put it nicely) and they put the stuff in their morning coffee and huff the fumes for fun and that it doesn't bother them. All you need is a mask, or to paint outside, and you'll be just fine. If that's you, you do you. I'll leave the hardener on the shelf, thank you very much.

The funny part about hardener is that you can use it hundreds of times and suddenly develop an allergic reaction out of the blue, and that's what puts you in the hospital.

What bothers me is they don't say what brand of paint they're selling. If you had the brand you could at least look up the product online and get the instructions and safety information. You could be getting anything, even Majic, which is absolute garbage paint.

There are/were a couple of guys on another site I regularly visited that had bad reactions to hardener. They thought they were doing everything right, wearing masks and painting outside, yet they ended up in the hospital with severe respiratory issues which they never fully recovered from. One of them has since passed on if I'm not mistaken. The hardener didn't kill him directly IIRC but it didn't extend his life any.

I know there are guys that say it's all a bunch of "hooey" (to put it nicely) and they put the stuff in their morning coffee and huff the fumes for fun and that it doesn't bother them. All you need is a mask, or to paint outside, and you'll be just fine. If that's you, you do you. I'll leave the hardener on the shelf, thank you very much.

The funny part about hardener is that you can use it hundreds of times and suddenly develop an allergic reaction out of the blue, and that's what puts you in the hospital.
Too true, It's just like poison ivy or peanut allergies-yer' just fine...until yer' not! I don't know why I haven't seen any Lawyer commercials on TV targeting these products yet. Guess there aren't enough potential victims huh?

Too true, It's just like poison ivy or peanut allergies-yer' just fine...until yer' not! I don't know why I haven't seen any Lawyer commercials on TV targeting these products yet. Guess there aren't enough potential victims huh?
Most of the "victims" just "man up," squeeze their buttcheeks harder and push through it.

If you wear a mask capable of removing isocyanates you will be fine

If you wear a mask capable of removing isocyanates you will be fine
I was unaware that there is a mask with filter that will remove iso's. I bought a supplied air system several years ago because there is was no such mask. Has one been brought to the market?? show me.... gobble

N
Not like an allergy. They build up in the body and will cross the blood brain barrier

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back