1650 cockshutt filters and main engine clutch

cjunrau

I am working on a 1650 cockshutt.,
I have read that a PH8a filter is what goes on the TA and hyd. is this true?

I need to know where I can get a engine oil filter. I am in Canada if possible would like to get shipped here not to a relative in USA

I also read that you can convert to a spin on engine filter. if possible part required would be great.

I also need the engine clutch. mine flew apart and can't seem to find anything when I search online.
Thanks for any info

I have never heard that a PH8A would work for Hydra Power and transmission. Not saying it won't work, just never heard of that. Do you have auto parts stores in Canada? Most auto parts stores have or can get proper filters for tractors here in the US. I don't know enough about shipping parts to Canada to comment but since Cockshutt was originally from Canada it would seem to me that parts should be available somewhere up there.

I need to know where I can get a engine oil filter. I am in Canada if possible would like to get shipped here not to a relative in USA

I also read that you can convert to a spin on engine filter. if possible part required would be great.

I also need the engine clutch. mine flew apart and can't seem to find anything when I search online.
Thanks for any info
The Cockshutt 1650 is the same as an Oliver 1650 as I understand them. You can use the online parts books at the AGCO site to find the OEM part numbers, which can be used to search and cross reference. with the OEM filter numbers most can be cross referenced at a parts store. A conversion to a spin-on filter may take some research, hopefully someone who has done that will be by with that info.

If it works, I have attached a direct link to that parts book for you. If it doesn't work, go to parts.agcocorp.com. at the top right you can select your country and language. To find a parts book click on Parts Book. You should get a search box it defaults to a model search; however you can change it to a VIN search or browse (lets you pick manufacturer, equipment types and models.

Oliver (Cockshutt) 1650 Parts Book

Thanks for any info
A Carquest can use the Bladwin # or Case-IH dealer can use Fleetguard #. Before serial# 147 569 crosses only to FG 3313(5.4" long/ 10 psi bypass), later serial# is FG 3311 or Baldwin B163(3.8 long/8 psi bypass). Run away from Fram or Wix filters.

This filter sits behind the engine and somewhat on top of the clutch area, right? I will say that the PH8A filter will screw on. Is it what the book calls for? No. Your hydraulic filter may have much different specs than your PH8A filter and the only similarity of the two filters might be the threads.
THAT BEING SAID, 40 years ago, my brother had an Oliver 1650 or 1750 (not exactly sure of the model number anymore) that had that same filter. The tractor started blowing the hydraulic filters regularly and my brother didn't want to get the tractor fixed properly. Since I was fresh out of mechanic school, he asked me how to fix it "real cheap". At the time, Fram made a PH8A racing filter. It really didn't filter too much, but the burst pressure was over 200 PSI, IIRC. I ordered one and screwed it on. He never had a blown filter again and it lasted 5+ years until he sold it.
I wouldn't recommend anybody doing what I did....40 years ago. Use what the book recommends.

I missed the engine filter, use the Agco site for a part #, then cross to Baldwin or Fleetguard. Which province are you in? There are a few aftermarket sellers or Agco for clutch parts or filters.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back