Allis d12 anybody got one?

JOCCO

Years ago, there were a few around don't see them at all now, at least around me. Any of you have one and still use it? One in particular was a later one with the 8 speed set up. Nice tractor back then and I never knew what became of it after its owner died.

Years ago, there were a few around don't see them at all now, at least around me. Any of you have one and still use it? One in particular was a later one with the 8 speed set up. Nice tractor back then and I never knew what became of it after its owner died.
I worked at an AC dealer from 1972 -1984. I 'retired' about the time AC died. The two most prevalent tractors here were the WD and D17. Some WD45's and D14's. Never a D10 or 12. Though there were many many B's around, we didn't work on very many. I don't know if that's because the boss turned them away, or if the shop rate just wasn't worth it for owners of those little, old tractors. Then of course a mix of newer ones.

I worked at an AC dealer from 1972 -1984. I 'retired' about the time AC died. The two most prevalent tractors here were the WD and D17. Some WD45's and D14's. Never a D10 or 12. Though there were many many B's around, we didn't work on very many. I don't know if that's because the boss turned them away, or if the shop rate just wasn't worth it for owners of those little, old tractors. Then of course a mix of newer ones.
What dealer did you work for - the one in Auburn?

A friend picked one up a few years ago - does a little light bush-hogging with it. The few times I've seen it I've really liked it and thought it'd be a neat, nimble tractor to run a rake or something. But I remember thinking it was built very light and spindly: I remember thinking that the front end spindles and steering components in particular looked lighter and weaker than an 8N with 30% less HP. I never actually compared directly, so don't know if it's actually true, but there sure seemed to be a night-and-day difference between how heavy a 30 HP IH W4 or 35 HP Fordson Major is built compared to how light and spindly that 33 HP D12 is.

Which maybe isn't a bad thing if you're not racing across plowed fields, or bashing around logging trails and mill yards like I do all the time. I'd sure rather spend all day on light but comfy D12 than spend a day stretched out like I'm giving birth on a hefty W4's with its ridiculous seating position.

A friend picked one up a few years ago - does a little light bush-hogging with it. The few times I've seen it I've really liked it and thought it'd be a neat, nimble tractor to run a rake or something. But I remember thinking it was built very light and spindly: I remember thinking that the front end spindles and steering components in particular looked lighter and weaker than an 8N with 30% less HP. I never actually compared directly, so don't know if it's actually true, but there sure seemed to be a night-and-day difference between how heavy a 30 HP IH W4 or 35 HP Fordson Major is built compared to how light and spindly that 33 HP D12 is.

Which maybe isn't a bad thing if you're not racing across plowed fields, or bashing around logging trails and mill yards like I do all the time. I'd sure rather spend all day on light but comfy D12 than spend a day stretched out like I'm giving birth on a hefty W4's with its ridiculous seating position.
Yes, light. Not a loader tractor! But held up fine if not abused. Just a newer version of the C/CA. I had a C which I put a three point hitch on and ran a 5 foot bush hog. Like most AC's of that era, great on the belt or PTO.

I have a D-12 series 3. Owned it since mid 80’s. Needed a clutch when I bought it. Replaced the clutch and been going ever since. I have had to do maintenance of course but no major problems since. Did have an issue with the steering gearbox. Not sure what happened. It was loaned out when the problem happened. It is a great little tractor. I use it in the garden and for bush hogging trails in the woods.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back