Case 430 early power assist pump

I have a 1965 case 430 Diesel with the heavy duty front axle and the auto motive type single cylinder power steering , not the two separate cylinders .
The pump and reservoir are separate , not like Every pump listed in every catalog for the 430!

The pump is not available from case and no internal parts were ever listed for repair .

It has manual steering as the power starting was not working at all
When I bought it . Hose is actually broken .

I bought the rebuilt kit for the cylinder and I know I can get it rebuilt for around 300 if I can not fix it myself .

What can I do to get the power steering to work ??

I have the 188d engine . Can I remove existing pump and reservoir and put on the available pumps ?

I still have the 12 volt negative ground Dc generator .

Hook up the normal implement pump to the power steering in some way with a diverter valve ?

What have people been doing with this issue ?

I hope to be yelled at as there is a long discussion answering this in the past as a long solved problem but I could not find it !

I had a 530 with a failed pump as you describe, I converted that unit to the common pump as used on the 530 -580 series backhoe and loader tractors. On the 530 I converted I had to replace the oil filter adapter with one that pointed the filter back toward the starter as the filter interfered with the long internal reservoir on the new pump. Hoses that matched the pump connections would probably have to be made. I got my used filter base from J C Marleau. My conversion was for the steering wheel mounted rotary assist unit, but I see no reason this would not work in your application also. You may want to look your tractor over for oil filter location or orientation as My conversion was a Gas and the oil filter location may be different on a diesel giving room for the pump reservoir.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back