cat 3116 engine mui governor

gbs

governor won't move the rack to the on fuel position, it has oil pressure to it, fuel solenoid is working and the rack isn't stuck, also the small e-clip has been replaced that breaks on the control spool inside the governor housing, what did i miss

As soon as the fuel solenoid is energized, the rack should move to a running position. If there is resistance, the rack may not move freely. Did this happen all of the sudden, or any history? Was the governor reassemble properly. There are pieces in there that need to mesh together when assembling. If there is an injector stuck, the rack will overcome the spring pressure and engine will still run.

thanks for your reply, i pulled it back apart and turned the sleeve washer combo on the spool around that is held in place by the little snap ring and it fired right up. that was my fault it appeared to be assembled in the wrong direction.

I'm having the same issue found clip was broken, replaced clip and stuck it back together and still wouldnt pull the rack back, rack moves freely, solenoid works, replaced the servo because it had some wear. still will not move the rack.

I'm having the same issue found clip was broken, replaced clip and stuck it back together and still wouldnt pull the rack back, rack moves freely, solenoid works, replaced the servo because it had some wear. still will not move the rack.
Make sure the governor is assembled correctly

so I think I had the same issue as the last guy the sleeve washer combo was on backwards according to assembly in sis, everything seemed to work properly, put pump on engine and it is now wanting to run away, pump pulls rack to WOT.

When turning the key on it will pull it to wot. Shutting key off will shut the rack. Something in that governor isn't assembled correctly

so what pushes it back to shut off the rack?
Brock, I think that the question you actually wanted answered is what pushes back the rack to control engine speed. I don’t know exactly how that IJ pump works but in general it is a reaction to a centrifugal mass applying pressure to counteract spring pressure. The centrifugal mass is usually some type of spinning governor weights. It sounds like something is not letting the action from the governor counteract against the rack.

Brock, I think that the question you actually wanted answered is what pushes back the rack to control engine speed. I don’t know exactly how that IJ pump works but in general it is a reaction to a centrifugal mass applying pressure to counteract spring pressure. The centrifugal mass is usually some type of spinning governor weights. It sounds like something is not letting the action from the governor counteract against the rack.
It will be at wot until engine starts cranking and running. The governor will pull the rack back to desired rpm. So if u are scared to start it because u don't think it will go back to idle, hook a pair of needle nose vise grips on the rack so u can control it manually.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back